Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is the oldest 914 owner and or driver known?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Please tell us of the oldest person you know of that owns and or drives a 914.
Also the length of time the same car was owned.

My possible winner is a 99 year old lady who bought her 1970 914 new in 1970 with original documentation showing it was the first 914 delivered in the U.S.
She drove the car up to 4 years ago.

Car is in Socal and been refreshed with new paint after sitting many years.

Is in working driving condition with 86000 miles.

With permission of the owner I may be able to post pictures.

Silver car bone stock.

Top that.

piratenanner.gif
JeffBowlsby
Unbelievable. Someone should organize an event and celebrate her life and 914 ownership.

Would love to know more about the car and even buy it if its for sale.
Steve
Is she from Pasadena? smile.gif
914Sixer
Very Interesting !
Tom_T
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 3 2017, 04:24 PM) *

Yes, I understand she was Brian Wilson's inspiration! lol-2.gif

Geez, I hope I'm still able to push a clutch pedal & drive mine in another 31 years! blink.gif

That would make this long drawn out storage/waiting & resto #2 of my 73 worthwhile, & with a chance of the value passing the resto cost! huh.gif

Cheers to Her! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Krieger
smilie_pokal.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 3 2017, 06:21 PM) *

Unbelievable. Someone should organize an event and celebrate her life and 914 ownership.

It came through another person who works at Pelican from the garage where the car there for final fixes after paint.

I spoke with my boss who is going to talk to Wayne to see if he ( and she) is interested in an article on the car.

The shop will have the car about another month and has agreed to take pictures of it. I want to get the permission of the owner before posting any detailed info.

The son who is in his 60's is the one who got the car out and got all the work done. It will probably go back into resting in the garage according to the mechanic.
Have no idea as to if they want to sell it.

What might one value the first U.S 914 to be worth ?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 3 2017, 06:24 PM) *

No and it is not parked in a rickety old garage, and it is not brand new shiny super stock Dodge.

And I doubt she is mean. Not a 914 owner trait.

SO.O.C914er
She's not from Pasadena but just a kick off Route 66! haha. Cheers to this lady and cheers to Bruce for bringing this story to us. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
rktmn247
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif smilie_pokal.gif Only on 914 World.. I really like this forum!! Thanks for posting this.
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 3 2017, 05:24 PM) *

Go granny, Go granny, Go granny, Go!! aktion035.gif
JeffBowlsby
Would be curious to know what documentation could substantiate the claim: "first 914 delivered in the U.S."
Dave_Darling
I knew a guy who had an early 914. Claimed it was the first one to be delivered to the West Coast. He insisted it had a 1600cc engine, though.

He passed a few years back. I should ping his son (who is now living in this area) and see if he knows what happened to the car.

--DD
billh1963
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 3 2017, 08:52 PM) *

It came through another person who works at Pelican from the garage where the car there for final fixes after paint.

I spoke with my boss who is going to talk to Wayne to see if he ( and she) is interested in an article on the car.

With all due respect, forget Pelican.

If this checks out, this should be passed on to PCA or even Porsche itself.

This is a bigger story than a vendor website.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 4 2017, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 3 2017, 08:52 PM) *

agree.gif
11tenths

Paging Pete Stout, is there a Pete Stout in the building?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(11tenths @ Feb 4 2017, 02:50 PM) *

+1
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 4 2017, 05:16 PM) *

+1

I agree. At this point I was contacted by a fellow emoloyee to help the mechanic find a good e brake b handle. I dont know what the owners interest is regarding a story.
Coondog
Here's my 81 year old Dad taking his Great Grandson out for a ride in my 914. Car was parked at there house in Arz for about 6 months, he and my mom took it out for a spin every Sunday. He can't wait for the 6 to be installed, I may never get my car back.....
Click to view attachment
URY914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 4 2017, 04:16 PM) *

+1

IS she a PCA member? If not she should be given a lifetime membership.
6freak
Mr. Alan Caldwell comes to mind...but i bet grannys got him beat
smile.gif

SKL1
Unfortunately any of us original owners are getting up there... to be old enough for a driver's license in 1970 etc dates us a little, and I was 21 when I got mine in the winter of '70...
And my dad got his 914 6 months after I got mine in the spring of '71 but we've lost track of his '71 bahia red example- he traded it on a 944 back in the mid '80's.
bdstone914

[/quote]

Contacted Pete Stout. Thanks for the suggestions.

Please post stories or pictues of older owners and drivers here.

Bruce
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 4 2017, 01:19 PM) *

Would be curious to know what documentation could substantiate the claim: "first 914 delivered in the U.S."

I agree. I was relaying the infornation as I was told it.
Anyone know dates as to when the first 914's landed on our shores?
And first in terms on took delivery, ordered, etc. I would be more inclined to think the first car delivered would be an east coast car. I will see if I can get the VIN and see how early the car is. I have seen alot on the earliest 914-6 cars but not much on the 914.
Bruce
bdstone914
Got the Vin number and it is the 24th 914 built. That would make it the earliest 914 in the VIN database out side of 0001 which is in the museum.
In touch with Pete Stout who was is interested in doing an article.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.