Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: (2) WORN tires, 15"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BuddyV
I am selling a 914 rolling chassis..... but (1) of my tires does not hold air (one other is also questionable).

I would like to make the car a good "roller" for the new owner and the shipper.

If you have WORN WORN WORN 15" tires (at least one, but two wod be great) in Bay Area, I am interested

Thank you!

beerchug.gif
smokey
Do a web search on used tires in Santa Rosa . There are about twenty places in your area that sell used tires. 15 inch , bald tire should not be more than 20.00 .
Mounted and not balanced. Should be 5/10 tops. Look around ....
That old toast is close........

Cheers

smoke.gif
Rick
BuddyV
QUOTE(smokey @ Feb 6 2017, 03:25 AM) *

Do a web search on used tires in Santa Rosa . There are about twenty places in your area that sell used tires. 15 inch , bald tire should not be more than 20.00 .
Mounted and not balanced. Should be 5/10 tops. Look around ....
That old toast is close........

Cheers

smoke.gif
Rick

I bet I pass a few places on the way to work.... good advice.

Cheers!
ssuperflyoldguy
Used tire stores have tons of tire's, I get newer but baldy's for rollers. $5 Pacheco
Mark Henry
Aircooled VW 4-bolt rims work, if you have a vw shop nearby they would likely sell you a tire already on a rim cheap.
brant
I bet that their recycle pile of any Tire shop is likely to have some 15's they would practically give you for free
BuddyV
Update.....

On my way home yesterday, I stopped into an independent tire retailer in my neighborhood. Owner is foreign..... VERY cool guy.

I tell him that I need two old tires... I explain the use. "Nothing fancy..... they are for a rolling shell..... older the better, as long as they hold air. I was thinking $10?"

He says, "$30 for the two".

I say.... "Umm..... but you are about to throw these out (he had pulled tow from a scrap heap)".

He says, "Yes, but you are screwed until you can get the car to roll. $30 for my time.... the tires are free".

At least he was honest.

$30 it is to support the local economy!

beerchug.gif

(Thank you all for your advice)
brant

I hope he at least mounted them for you at that price.
sorry you weren't closer or I would have given you some
brant

QUOTE(BuddyV @ Feb 8 2017, 12:11 PM) *

Update.....

On my way home yesterday, I stopped into an independent tire retailer in my neighborhood. Owner is foreign..... VERY cool guy.

I tell him that I need two old tires... I explain the use. "Nothing fancy..... they are for a rolling shell..... older the better, as long as they hold air. I was thinking $10?"

I say.... "Umm..... but you are about to throw these out (he had pulled tow from a scrap heap)".

He says, "Yes, but you are screwed until you can get the car to roll. $30 for my time.... the tires are free".

At least he was honest.

beerchug.gif

BuddyV
Yes..... $30 includes removing my old tires, mounting two refreshed.

Fine with me. I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks looking around... but he's right around the corner.

All good.

QUOTE(brant @ Feb 8 2017, 03:36 PM) *

I hope he at least mounted them for you at that price.
sorry you weren't closer or I would have given you some
brant

QUOTE(BuddyV @ Feb 8 2017, 12:11 PM) *

Update.....

At least he was honest.

beerchug.gif

Dominic
Buddy,
I almost forgot that I have a steel wheel with a good tire (that holds air) that you can have for free if you can make the trip up to Vacaville. It's your if you need it.
Thanks,
Dominic
BuddyV
Thank you, Dominic...... very generous. I have the wheels, tires being installed today.

But let's do a ride...... I am planning to go to the March cars and coffee (or something similar) at EASY in Emeryville..... I think it's March 4th, Saturday......

Have you ever been?

let me know via PM if you are interested. not many 914 cars at this monthly get together
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.