Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Suspension console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IVGUY
Need help or reference for ordering right rear suspension console. Got under the car with a good light and found a hairline crack. Got out the grinder with the hopes of cleaning it up and welding it shut and it turned into the Grand Canyon. headbang.gif
Problem pictures in cataloges and online all look different. PP part # RDP318 looks different from Mid Americas 400-124 and then AA has something that looks different again. Thanks in advance
Dan
Cano
While the photos look different, I think everybody gets the part from Restoration Design. I ordered one from Pelican, and it was shipped direct from Restoration Design.

Good luck with the install.
skline
We got one from AA while at the WCC for Dougs car. We didnt weld it in yet but contact him and see if he even got the car back there yet. He will be welding his in soon I would expect.
davep
I have one available right now, and you can avoid customs on it.
IVGUY
Dave
Sorry I was travelling today.Just checked into my hotel room in Victoria and read your post. Patience is a virtue and I'm a little low on both right now so I ordered parts from Tom at PP from the airport this am. Let me trace my order to see if it is on backorder so I could legit cancel. Please e-mail your price and I will respond Tuesdaymorning. You have my e-mail from previous correspondence
By the way Mike lives about 20 houses away from me in Kelowna and I have driven by and seen his car under a cover in the garage but I have not stopped and introduced myself yet. Its 20 C in Kelowna and neither of us are driving our cars screwy.gif I hope to have mine back on the road by the long May weekend(Knox Mountain hillclimb) I dont race it but there are alot of old timers who know and appreciate the 914's that still bring their cars in from all around the Pacific Northwest for that event.
Thanks for all your help
Dan
IronHillRestorations
I've got two in stock, if you can't find one closer
dmenche914
I got a spare, factory new engine mount sheet metal passenger side, very rare, understand about half a dozen left in the factory in Germany, and no one so far is making a repro of this piece, that can often be rusty from the inside out from battery acid.

Others can order from Germany, I have one in stock now, and will sell for less than what ever the factory price is.

let me know if you all need one.

located in California
IVGUY
Thanks everbody for all for your help. I tracked down my order at PP and order was complete and shipped Monday afternoon for arrival late this week or early next(I chose the cheap rate)
Also thanks for the offer on the engine sheet metal but mine cleaned up nice with sanding and new paint.
Thanks again to everyone
Dan
greg.treadway
I have about 100 in stock. AutoAtlanta manufactures this part.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.