Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 911 2.4 S (or S-like) cams for my 2.7 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JmuRiz
I'm looking for a set of 3-bearing S-grind or similar cam (Mod-S, etc) for my 2.7 build ('74 7R case).

I was going to use 3-lobe SC grinds I bought a while back and keep the stock pistons if they looked OK, digging into the motor it needs a full build, so I'm going 9.5:1 pistons, re-coated cyls etc etc.

Need hotter cams to match the new p/c

I wanted to check here before contacting Dougherty/Elgn/WebCam

Thanks,
mepstein
Talk to the cam guys. There's been developments in the last 40 years since the S cams were made.
mb911
Solex cams work well if using carbs.
Luke M
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 8 2017, 01:05 PM) *

I'm looking for a set of 3-bearing S-grind or similar cam (Mod-S, etc) for my 2.7 build ('74 7R case).

I was going to use 3-lobe SC grinds I bought a while back and keep the stock pistons if they looked OK, digging into the motor it needs a full build, so I'm going 9.5:1 pistons, re-coated cyls etc etc.

Need hotter cams to match the new p/c

I wanted to check here before contacting Dougherty/Elgn/WebCam

Thanks,

Did you already buy a set of p/c's ?

Like stated solex cams are better if running on the street.
raynekat
With the larger 2.7 displacement, std S cams work fine in my experience.
I had a set of Solex cams on my RS spec motor (8.5:1) by mistake.
When I finally got the correct stock S cams installed, it was a totally different animal.
It was fine around town and a beast on the track.
The car had MFI induction in case that matters.

I'm building another one of these 2.7 MFI motors soon.
It will be higher compression (~9.5:1) and I'll look into the S mod cams from Dougherty.
At about $900/pair, they're not inexpensive.
It is still going into a street car.

"Your mileage may vary"
mlindner
Nathan, my 2.2 has S cams, but E heads so I need to go to Solex. I could pull them in a month or so. Taking off to Florida next week. I could take a few pictures for you. Best, Mark
bob
I have a set of 3-bearing MOD S cams if you're interested. (I'm in NOVA)

-bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.