Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-Brake Handle removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tnorthern
My cable from the handle to the joiner in the passenger compartment has broken and needs to be replaced. I am doing a carpet kit at the same time and it looks like the handle has to come out to get the carpet out, anyone do this before? It looks like the pivot point might be a through bolt which would require pulling the rocker panel cover... that would suck.
Also the end of the cable that goes into the e-brake handle seems to be stuck in one position, or is that intentional?
tat2dphreak
you don't have to undo the rocker panel, just back out the bolt... very easy

the pivot point has no bolt IIRC, but the gear does, undo that one bolt and it will slide right off...
tnorthern
That is what I was afraid of... I have the one bolt out and the handle is still nice and solid.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (tnorthern @ May 2 2005, 12:38 PM)
That is what I was afraid of... I have the one bolt out and the handle is still nice and solid.

put a screwdriver to it to pry it away... also spray with WD-40 or something... it's probably just hung or in a bind...
tnorthern
It has been soaking with PB Blaster for two days... I just don't want to have to heat it with all the carpet right there. I will cut the carpet out around it and torch it up I guess.
914GT
I had to remove a stuck one recently. WD40, a big screwdriver to apply some pressure, then at the same time do the best you can to work the handle up and down. Once it breaks loose and the oil works in it will come off.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (tnorthern @ May 2 2005, 12:53 PM)
It has been soaking with PB Blaster for two days... I just don't want to have to heat it with all the carpet right there. I will cut the carpet out around it and torch it up I guess.

sorry man confused24.gif mine was easy... maybe it had been removed in the last 30 years though... blowtorch.gif flame on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.