Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back up Pal. who wants to lose some weight?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have for sale a decent sheet metal piece that would be complete enough for me to scan for a CNC model to build a mold from / to rent? or buy if necessary.

The goal here is to get the forms and surfaces correct, build a carbon fiber piece and replicate the CF work if someone else wants an insulated backpad that is removable for access to their tuning hatch (that is am sending out now in various configs of fiberglass or CF.

I would like to have the ins and outs of the original firewall for visuals from the cabin. The beauty is, once the sound deadening material is stripped from the firewall (can you say poundage) and new space age material (doing a better job at half the weight) is placed on the CF piece, I think I can shave several pounds off the outcome / which is better than we can say for the driver or passenger of the average 914 these days. poke.gif

And if done right, sexy toboot. Who doesn't love Carbon Fiber other than the purist folks God Love em.

beerchug.gif

screenguy914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Feb 9 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Does anyone have for sale a decent sheet metal piece that would be complete enough for me to scan for a CNC model to build a mold from / to rent? or buy if necessary.

The goal here is to get the forms and surfaces correct, build a carbon fiber piece and replicate the CF work if someone else wants an insulated backpad that is removable for access to their tuning hatch (that is am sending out now in various configs of fiberglass or CF.

I would like to have the ins and outs of the original firewall for visuals from the cabin. The beauty is, once the sound deadening material is stripped from the firewall (can you say poundage) and new space age material (doing a better job at half the weight) is placed on the CF piece, I think I can shave several pounds off the outcome / which is better than we can say for the driver or passenger of the average 914 these days. poke.gif

And if done right, sexy toboot. Who doesn't love Carbon Fiber other than the purist folks God Love em.

beerchug.gif

I would be willing to pull the trigger for something, but is there an effective (and waterproof) bulkhead sound insulation solution when using such a panel? You know, something that doesn't act like a sponge to promote chassis corrosion? What's your strategy for that?

I do have a cutout of the center panel for such a cover once I have a water-tight solution. One of several projects to do.

Sherwood

Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(screenguy914 @ Feb 9 2017, 06:57 PM) *

I would be willing to pull the trigger for something, but is there an effective (and waterproof) bulkhead sound insulation solution when using such a panel? You know, something that doesn't act like a sponge to promote chassis corrosion? What's your strategy for that?

I do have a cutout of the center panel for such a cover once I have a water-tight solution. One of several projects to do.

Sherwood

I think he means the interior backpad? Sounds pretty sweet, I'd be interested in seeing the finished product!
forrestkhaag
Correct as to interior backpack. I am researching sound insulation that would be added to th CF piece for ease of removal and coverage of the hatch area behind the back pad. No specific schedule on this one as I am going to focus on getting my 6 installed and operational.

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.