Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 trailer hitch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
garrettlee2
Testing the water.a friend of mine ended up with 10+ 914 and 911 NOS aftermarket trailer hitch kits. if anyone is interested please let me know and I can send pictures and price.
euro911
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 11 2017, 06:13 PM) *
Testing the water.a friend of mine ended up with 10+ 914 and 911 NOS aftermarket trailer hitch kits. if anyone is interested please let me know and I can send pictures and price
Shoot me some pix Garrett ... I recently refurb'd an old 10-speed bike and have a rack, but no way to attach to a 912, or a 914 popcorn[1].gif
wes
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 11 2017, 08:45 PM) *

Testing the water.a friend of mine ended up with 10+ 914 and 911 NOS aftermarket trailer hitch kits. if anyone is interested please let me know and I can send pictures and price
Shoot me some pix Garrett ... I recently refurb'd an old 10-speed bike and have a rack, but no way to attach to a 912, or a 914 popcorn[1].gif

There are a number of ski and bike racks available for 914's and 911 style cars just goggle it!
bdstone914
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 11 2017, 08:13 PM) *

Testing the water.a friend of mine ended up with 10+ 914 and 911 NOS aftermarket trailer hitch kits. if anyone is interested please let me know and I can send pictures and price.

I would like to a see it too as I would think the 911 would not work on a 914. How many does he have?
Who made them?
grimmel

I'm also interested due to my bicycle habit

Tim
Sacramento, CA
Tom_T
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 11 2017, 09:26 PM) *

There are a number of ski and bike racks available for 914's and 911 style cars just goggle it!

It's a trailer hitch Wes .... not a bike rack.
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
agree.gif on needing the additional info mentioned above on the hitch & mfgr, & pix .... cuz ....
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Possibly interested, since we're also on the hunt for a vintage 1950's-70's Eriba Puck lightweight Euro travel trailer to tow with our `88 Westy (it already has the GoWesty hitch for our Yakima "Swing Daddy" bike rack).

FYI y'all, Pucks were designed so T1 Bugs & Buses could tow them, & so well within a 914's capabilities - if not at high speed ....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
euro911
Some of us have the trailer-hitch style bicycle racks

Click to view attachment
URY914
Why don't you post some pics of them. confused24.gif screwy.gif
garrettlee2
Sorry long day moving 2000+ pounds of nos Vw Porsche audi interior before got junk gets there tomorrow...long story. I should have pictures posted by tomorrow.afternoon. the hitches don't have a receiver the hitch is part of the bracket. Sorry for all.you bike guys.
garrettlee2
Sorry long day moving 2000+ pounds of nos Vw Porsche audi interior before got junk gets there tomorrow...long story. I should have pictures posted by tomorrow.afternoon. the hitches don't have a receiver the hitch is part of the bracket. Sorry for all.you bike guys.
Chris914n6
I'm putting this in the "it might be cool to have just in case someday I make a 914 trailer" category smile.gif

Have to see how it mounts and the weight limit.
bdstone914
I just got back from seeing the huge stash of stuff he got.

Ho Lee Fuch

I wont spoil the surprises to come.

We looked at the trailer hitch and could not figure out how it would mount to a 914.
Crazy design of 5/8 thick steel bars. We are going to see how things line up of a 914.

Stay tuned boys and girls.
Tom_T
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 12 2017, 09:51 PM) *

... the hitches don't have a receiver the hitch is part of the bracket. Sorry for all.you bike guys.

Receiver tubes are available from etrailer, etc. & can be welded to the hitch for those who want them for bikes, &/or to use an offset tow/hitch bar to raise up the level of the ball to keep the trailer level.

BTW - the lightweight trailers won't need them, & can mount directly on the ball, but may want to use a tow-bar/hitch-bar which can accept some anti-sway.

bdstone:
"We looked at the trailer hitch and could not figure out how it would mount to a 914.
Crazy design of 5/8 thick steel bars. We are going to see how things line up of a 914."

This is the bigger question.

There are some other 914 hitch threads on here where members have custom made hitches, so those may be a guideline to where to attach them.

I would think that you'd want to bolt in several spots to the rear of the L & R longitudenals, as the major fore-to-aft "frame" members of a 914 uni-body, while clearing the engine/transaxle/HEs/muffler underneath.

Hitches on VW Bugs, Buses & Vanagons may give some inkling on that.

beerchug.gif

Tom
///////

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.