Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for 'Porsche Rescue'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Hi Jim,
Well I going through a thread of Double-a's and saw a picture you posted of your interior (I'm assuming it was yours) and it showed an interesting center armrest/cupholder. I was wondering if you had any information and or other photos of it that you would be willing to share? If my memory serves me correctly (50/50 chance), I remember seeing ads for something like this about 15-20 years ago in 'VW-Porsche'.
Thanks,
Bill
Aaron Cox
that *MAY* be an AMCO console
Grimstead
AMCO?

Me no habla...
Aaron Cox
aftermarket and dealer Add on stuffs...

made the trunk racks, nerf bars, and some consoles for our silly 914's.....

GaroldShaffer
AMCO sold aftermarket part for many sports cars in the 70's (& 80's??) For the 914 they sold luggage rack, front & rear bumper guards, walnut & Leather shifts knobs, and console. Looking at the ad I have here that does not look to be a AMCO console. Their has no cup holders and the lid to the center arm rest looks taller than the one you have pictured.
Grimstead
ohhhhhhhhh....I shall Google now.
Thanks AA!
Porsche Rescue
That is quite a story. The elderly lady who owned that car had it custom made! She occasionally kept a handgun in it! The two coffee cups had Porsche crests. It is basically a box that is shaped to fit tightly in the center tray instead of the cushion. I found the car in local newspaper classifieds listed for sale last summer. A club member from Florida had a wanted ad in the club site for a concours quality 914. I referred him to the car (probably should have bought it myself but already had too many cars). He wanted a '73-74 2.0 (doesn't everyone) but when he saw pics of this '75 he changed his mind. The car now resides in Florida. You will note that she also had custom clear plastic covers for the seat bottoms. They could be easily removed for show.
StratPlayer
Should get morpenspectra to take a close look at that an maybe he can reproduce something like that.
Grimstead
That is quite a story. The elderly lady who owned that car had it custom made! She occasionally kept a handgun in it! The two coffee cups had Porsche crests. It is basically a box that is shaped to fit tightly in the center tray instead of the cushion.

Thanks for the information, you wouldn't by chance have any other pictures of it do you?

Should get morpenspectra to take a close look at that an maybe he can reproduce something like that.

Another good idea!
Porsche Rescue
No more pics. Steve Gaglione (can't remember his screen name), owner of the incredible tan concours quality car, is a friend of the current owner. Maybe he could get some more pics or specs.
rick 918-S
That's not an AMCO unit. I had one. That looks home made. BTW. wub.gif that faster plaid! aktion035.gif
smg914
I'll talk to Josh and see if he has any pictures of the home made center console. If I remember correctly, (Jim, don't tell the old lady this) Josh removed the home made center console from the sunflower yellow car and put it in the garbage. I know he wanted to put an OEM console in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.