Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Sheet Metal Under Headlight Bucket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
Looking for metal to replace the approximate sections below (under headlight bucket, passenger side). This is a '75. Not sure if that matters or not...

Click to view attachment

Slightly different angle:

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
icon_bump.gif Still looking. I need passenger side, too. If needed, I'll bite the bullet and buy the entire RD piece, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

EDIT: I think any year will work, doesn't necessarily need to be a '75.
mepstein
Rob - sorry about the delay. I just got back last night. I'll work on this tomorrow. Mark.
BeatNavy
Mark - no worries. You had generously offered the front bumper (although if you want to unload this piece under the headlight bucket I'll gladly take it as well smile.gif ).

Thank you, sir!
cary
Rob if Mark doesn't come up with something I think both of these are in good shape.

Click to view attachment

forrestkhaag
Available but shouldn't there be an upcharge for deletion of 914 yard-art?
cary
After cutting out the center for Taylor it was the only complete section I was going to keep.
BeatNavy
Cary, you are the man. I would hate to uproot your "yard art" as Forrest calls it, but I definitely need those sections. If you could "pencil" my name on them that would be great, and I'll follow up with Mark to see if he has these in serviceable condition. I just don't want to duplicate efforts.

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 14 2017, 11:31 PM) *

Available but shouldn't there be an upcharge for deletion of 914 yard-art?

I bet Forrest would be a good guy to hang with....if only he had a sense of humor every now and then. He takes himself SO seriously smile.gif
cary
We'll have to look at the other 2 cars. Both of the buckets are better than yours, but both have a rusted thru spot highlighted by the star. Kind of odd.

Click to view attachment

cary
Rob I didn't forget you...................

The one outside is junk ............................

Here's the ones inside.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

BeatNavy
Hey Cary,

Thanks for checking back in. Just yesterday I bit the bullet and purchased the full RD piece that includes those sections under the headlight buckets. I'm still going to have to fab other parts to fit, but I think I should at least be OK on the worst parts of it.

Right now I'm trying to think of which parts of this car WON'T have been replaced by new metal.

Thanks again for your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.