Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front hood pins for steel hood DYI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
Started this project a few weeks ago. Needed (wanted) front GT style hood pins. Put in the base plate, while checking angle of pin, I noticed the hood plate would have to have a elongated hole to accommodate the pin as the hood comes down. Sooo, with some careful measuring, the angle of the hood pin needed to be at 19 deg angle (or at 81 deg. verses 90. deg to the support plate) The answer to this was nylon collars top and bottom with the 19 deg. bevel. Worked out great, NO elongating. And best with the beveled collars they can be rotated left/right for perfect alinement. Best, Mark Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jmitro
NICE!
Thanks for sharing - good information for when the time comes for my hood
tygaboy
That right there? That is what I call "tidy". wub.gif
VERY nice work. It's that sort of detail that makes a build stand out.

You should be proud.
Costa05
I believe you meant 71 degrees versus 90 to the support plate. Great looking upgrade and helpful info.
mlindner
Yes, good catch Costa05....71 degrees verus 90 to the support plate..... I use to be good at math, what happened. And thanks jmetro and tygaboy for the compliments and encouragement. Best, Mark
whitetwinturbo
smash.gif stirthepot.gif wub.gif
gms
mark the car is coming along nicely, do you have a single thread of the build..I would like to see it!
Kansas 914
Great work!

Make sure you add the Eric Shea engine start interlock switch option. biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 24 2017, 10:00 AM) *

Great work!

Make sure you add the Eric Shea engine start interlock switch option. biggrin.gif

Ouch!
mb911
Looks great.. I may do something like that as well.
mlindner
Thanks Ben and Mike....Glenn, I have not started a build thread, everything has taken so long.....But this year I'm starteing to ramp up so that should be next. I was very lucky to get the part-time job of a lifetime I wanted....Accumoto Motorsports.....Great cars (porsche's) and really great people. Best, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.