Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More tire advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dazpugh
Hey everyone,
I have a 914-6 with a 3.4 and 915 trans, at present i am running205/55/16 on the front and 225/50/16 on the rear. The Yokahama AO48's are due for a change and i want some input on the best tire choice. I am looking for more of a street tire than the Yokahamas especially for any wet weather. The compound can be soft as it doesn't cover that many miles.
Any info welcome, cheers Darren
wndsrfr
QUOTE(dazpugh @ Feb 14 2017, 09:12 PM) *

Hey everyone,
I have a 914-6 with a 3.4 and 915 trans, at present i am running205/55/16 on the front and 225/50/16 on the rear. The Yokahama AO48's are due for a change and i want some input on the best tire choice. I am looking for more of a street tire than the Yokahamas especially for any wet weather. The compound can be soft as it doesn't cover that many miles.
Any info welcome, cheers Darren

Dunlop Star Spec.....I love 'em...
Cairo94507
Wow - nice combination. Please post some pictures of that beauty for all of us to enjoy. And... welcome.png as it appears this may be your first post since joining in '12. beerchug.gif
arne
In BC with cooler temps in spring and fall, look into Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. Grip and handling on a par with many pure summer tires, outstanding wet grip, tolerant of cool temps. I run the prior version (A/S3, no +) on my 911 in Eugene in those same two sizes, totally happy.
6freak
pilot sports agree.gif
jmill
I was looking at the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Rated damn near the same as the Pilot at a much lower price point.
arne
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 15 2017, 06:10 PM) *

I was looking at the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Rated damn near the same as the Pilot at a much lower price point.

The Firestone is a summer tire, not good for cold temps. The Michelin is a tire that can be driven all year in mild climates. Totally different choice.
dazpugh
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Hi Everyone, thanks for your advice and here are a couple of snaps of my car.
Chris914n6
Stock 16" Boxster sizes, plenty to choose from on TireRack.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.