Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: motor & trans & Rennshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BuddyV
I have been running my 4 cylinder motor for a few years now, and it's a very dependable motor.

I bought it from a fellow World member without much history on the motor. I added my Weber carbs and it has been running strong and "drip-free" !

I am only selling because I have a 2056 that has been waiting in the wings for a while.... .and I need the space. So..... this trusty motor is for sale, minus carbs and fuel pump.

I will also include the "tail shifter" trans that I have been using in several cars for the past 10 years. I have always thought of replacing it with a side shift...... but in all honesty, it is a GREAT trans!!!..... I added a Rennshifter many years ago (tail shift specific) and I love it.

Yes...... I have driver side shifter transmissions...... and yes, they are better. But this one is solid. And the Rennshifter works great. I never miss a shift. Once you get used to the feel, it .... well.... .works.

So..... I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The motor is in the car, and you are free to come take a drive. Specifically, I live in Santa Rosa, CA...... about 40 miles north of the GG Bridge.

$1700 sounds fair to me for this package. Let me know if I am off.

I would pull the motor/trans, and have it ready on a dolly. Would rather not ship it - mostly because I know there are plenty of local 914ers that need to get their rollers moving on gasoline.

No issues with the motor..... I do not drive it as often as I would like..... but while it sits, it does not leak. And when I need it, it starts right up.

ps - If you like, I will throw in a set of heat exchangers.....not stainless.

Cheers!
Montreal914
Might help if you put up the size of the motor, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 ? confused24.gif
GLWTS
grimmel
What are the cylinder compression readings? Also, what displacement?
quote name='BuddyV' date='Feb 15 2017, 10:39 AM' post='2454906']
I have been running my 4 cylinder motor for a few years now, and it's a very dependable motor.

I bought it from a fellow World member without much history on the motor. I added my Weber carbs and it has been running strong and "drip-free" !

I am only selling because I have a 2056 that has been waiting in the wings for a while.... .and I need the space. So..... this trusty motor is for sale, minus carbs and fuel pump.

I will also include the "tail shifter" trans that I have been using in several cars for the past 10 years. I have always thought of replacing it with a side shift...... but in all honesty, it is a GREAT trans!!!..... I added a Rennshifter many years ago (tail shift specific) and I love it.

Yes...... I have driver side shifter transmissions...... and yes, they are better. But this one is solid. And the Rennshifter works great. I never miss a shift. Once you get used to the feel, it .... well.... .works.

So..... I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The motor is in the car, and you are free to come take a drive. Specifically, I live in Santa Rosa, CA...... about 40 miles north of the GG Bridge.

$1700 sounds fair to me for this package. Let me know if I am off.

I would pull the motor/trans, and have it ready on a dolly. Would rather not ship it - mostly because I know there are plenty of local 914ers that need to get their rollers moving on gasoline.

No issues with the motor..... I do not drive it as often as I would like..... but while it sits, it does not leak. And when I need it, it starts right up.

ps - If you like, I will throw in a set of heat exchangers.....not stainless.

Cheers!
[/quote]
BuddyV
Good idea!

The motor is a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder.

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Feb 15 2017, 12:30 PM) *

Might help if you put up the size of the motor, 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 ? confused24.gif
GLWTS

koozy
Please disregard. I misread the advertisement and was asking about the Rennsport, thinking it was a side shift version. That's what I get for jumping ahead.

Sorry about that
BuddyV
Koozy - this is the motor that you sold me a while back!

...... has worked well for me! Cheers!

QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 15 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Please disregard. I misread the advertisement and was asking about the Rennsport, thinking it was a side shift version. That's what I get for jumping ahead.

Sorry about that

koozy
Fantastic!!! That thing was built to last. It was fresh when we put it in your car so no surprise it is still going strong.
koozy
BTW: I think this is a screaming deal. The heads alone are worth just shy of half of your asking price.
bobt4945
pm you
BuddyV
QUOTE(bobt4945 @ Feb 16 2017, 09:49 AM) *

pm you

Replied.
BuddyV
Sale Pending.
BuddyV
SOLD!!!!

.... I miss this reliable, non-leaking motor already.

Thank you all.

beerchug.gif
koozy
I really should have bought this one back. Have fun with your next project
BuddyV
QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 21 2017, 11:22 AM) *

I really should have bought this one back. Have fun with your next project

.... but another 914 is on the road soon.... so you took one for the greater cause...

driving-girl.gif
bobt4945
motor/trans arrived yesterday great job packing it....thumbs up for a great seller
BuddyV
Thank you, sir! You are very welcome.

(Sent you message, too.... read, please)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.