Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another "new" parts Didn't know these existed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Yes it was brought to my attention that what I thought were simply washers are indeed rubber spacers! Makes sense now. These are going to be available next week, Did a short run to test, but it helps with the fitment.
JimN73
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 17 2017, 10:24 AM) *

Yes it was brought to my attention that what I thought were simply washers are indeed rubber spacers! Makes sense now. These are going to be available next week, Did a short run to test, but it helps with the fitment.

I don't have anything like that on my car. Are they the 'sealing washers' that are in the parts diagram?

Jim
db9146
Are those the spacers for the rocker panels?

Tom_T
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 17 2017, 11:03 AM) *

Are those the spacers for the rocker panels?

If not, they are similar to the Rocker & valance spacers.

Maybe Mark can check the part numbers in the 914 PET & see, then make them too, if not the same!? idea.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Cairo94507
I don't ever recall seeing anything like that for attaching the bumpers. I do recall them for the rockers and valances however. confused24.gif
porschetub
I purchased some few months back which from memory were listed as genuine,my part number is different however......914-559-127-10.
They are 5mm holes but I drilled out six others to 6mm and put under the lower the rocker covers so that the dirt fails out,they are a bitch to get in there but do fit with longer 6mm stainless bolts.
They are hard plastic,perhaps Mark could source the captive nuts for the top rocker panel screws also,I need 2 but can't find them so far.
Mikey914
Yes we can and should add the rocket panel spacers Anyone want to PM me some dims and I can start on those right away!

All I know is this is really old NOS. Possible the part number was superseded.
mark
Steve
Is it worth it doing the rocker spacers? A lot of csob's cut off a piece of 1/4" fuel line
bandjoey
So this goes on the bumper top stud ?
914Sixer
Yep, it goes on the stud. Supposed to space pad and keep the stud from rusting to the bumper.
Mikey914
It also spaces the bumper up enough that the edges don't want to turn out as the are not making contact with the bumper on the inside. There's not much clearance and some bumpers push out slightly. The additional spade will relieve this pressure.
Matty900
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Feb 17 2017, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 17 2017, 10:24 AM) *

I don't have anything like that on my car. Are they the 'sealing washers' that are in the parts diagram?

Jim

Looks like they need a washer and these spacers, 10 each per car.
porschetub
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 18 2017, 12:57 PM) *

Is it worth it doing the rocker spacers? A lot of csob's cut off a piece of 1/4" fuel line

Not the same cause the proper ones are harder and don't compress,you can bend up your rocker panels using fueline offcuts if you like.
You can be cheap if you like but it has it's place,not in this application.
Mikey914
Yes the reason they are there is to be a "stop" and allow to be tightened without crushing the metal in.

Anyone with dimensions?
SixerJ
Mark, here you go. I got these before Christmas in a shipment of lots of NOS stuff for the -6

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

OD 14.0mm
ID 4.9 to 5.0mm depending on where and which washer you measure
Height / length? 6.4 to 6.7mm again depending on which washer you measure

If you look really closely at the picture it looks as if these have been sliced to length rather than individually moulded and spat out

In terms of material hardness if you squeeze as hard as you can between thumb and forefinger across the OD you can deflect the rubber and squish out to 14.5mm max.

Obviously not an SI based measurement technique, but gives you an idea of what to make them from
mepstein
These washers make sense until you look at the stud on the bumper top. Mine doesn't look like there's enough length to add a 5mm spacer. I have 3 pairs of oem bumper tops. They all have the same length studs.
rhodyguy
Are the large washers the ones that go into recesses for the studs in the bumper tops? The smaller ones act as spacers for the rocker covers and valances at the corners
pete000
For the rockers I have been using hard rubber plumber washers takes about two to make the proper gap. I would of course prefer these OEM spec spacers ! Sign me up for a couple sets when they come on line.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 20 2017, 07:36 AM) *

These washers make sense until you look at the stud on the bumper top. Mine doesn't look like there's enough length to add a 5mm spacer. I have 3 pairs of oem bumper tops. They all have the same length studs.

They work if you are not using the nylon lock nuts, or at least not all the way to the end of the nylon.
Jett
Mark, do you have the spacers available on the site?

Btw. I just ordered a front bumper top and it would be great to order a few sets of the washers.

Cheers
Jett
Mark, I received the bumper and it looks great. Any news on the bumper top shims?

Does anyone have picks with the shims installed? Would love to see the difference.
Mikey914
SHims are done and just need to get listed on the site. I'll PM any one with the listing as soon as they are up.
Mark
Jett
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 12 2017, 08:07 AM) *

SHims are done and just need to get listed on the site. I'll PM any one with the listing as soon as they are up.
Mark

Thanks Mark.
Jett
Mark, any news? ...she wants her bumpers smile.gif
Mikey914
Yes these are done and on my shelf. I need to get them up on the site but have been on the road for the last 4 days. I'm going to get Blake to get these up so we can get them out. Should be tomorrow.
-Mark
Jett
914Rubber saves the day, again!

Even though the shims were not yet on 914Rubber.com, Mark asked Scott to send a full set of shims to unblock the build!

Outstanding Customer service -- BEST VENDOR in the WORLD!!

smile.gif
Jett
Some pictures of the installed product. I'll grab some updated pictures of them installed within the next week.
dgraves
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 20 2017, 09:14 PM) *

Yes these are done and on my shelf. I need to get them up on the site but have been on the road for the last 4 days. I'm going to get Blake to get these up so we can get them out. Should be tomorrow.
-Mark

I'm in for a set. Let me know when they are on the website.
rhodyguy
Install the fog/driving lights before you put the front bumper on.
Jett
Mark the install looks great and the fit with the spacers is pretty good smile.gif

Mikey914
We had noticed some compression on the edges these lift it up changing the geometry enough that it clears and sits correctly.
Jett
I'll post pics of my orange car without shims... the fit is not as nice.

I need another set smile.gif
Nutter965
Just to clarify the shims go between the rubber top and metal bumper am I right ?
Jett
QUOTE(Nutter965 @ May 6 2017, 06:00 AM) *

Just to clarify the shims go between the rubber top and metal bumper am I right ?

Correct
Larmo63
These go on the front and rear?

Will you have them in ten packs?
Nutter965
QUOTE(Jett @ May 6 2017, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Nutter965 @ May 6 2017, 06:00 AM) *

Correct

So I'll been needing 2 sets as well then ... we'll at some point !
Mikey914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 6 2017, 07:47 AM) *

These go on the front and rear?

Will you have them in ten packs?

Yes they fit both. Blake is getting these listed up this weekend.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.