Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one more daily driver out in the cold...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hey there,

I closed the deal for that 74 and it's being loaded onto the carrier as I type!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my WTB in the classifieds over the past 6 months. Very cool to know there was an army out there searching for my next 914 (and one that makes the wife happy too).

Special thanks to iwanta914-6 for the lead which ended up in the sale. Ironic, since he's yet to buy one wink.gif Also mbseto for driving over an hour to meet the seller, do a thorough PPI, and report back. Rgalla helped evaluate the photos, and tscrihfield vouched for the seller. Thanks also to everyone who responded to my thread about how to do this deal. Apparently, it takes a village.

Here are the vital stats...

74 2.0 in Ravenna Green (L65K) with COA confirming color and engine.
Original FI
Recent paint
Solid longs
Lots of originality.

Not a fan of the luggage rack, but at least it's correct. Will post more pics once it arrives early next week!

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
What else to say but:
cheer.gif aktion035.gif wub.gif pray.gif

And most importantly: driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Enjoy!
Cairo94507
I love to read things like this. I was also fortunate enough to be turned on to my Six by a fellow member, actually I believe it was SirAndy. This is a terrific club with members who watch out for each other. beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Awesome score! Leave the luggage rack for a bit. It'll grow on you.
Dion
That's a pretty 914. I kinda like the luggage rack. Neat colour. One of my faves.
Congrats and enjoy!
Wayne
She's a beauty for sure and I like the rack. The hunt is over and now it's time to enjoy piratenanner.gif
Porschef
Nice job Ian,

I'd been meaning to ask what happened with the car, and here it is...

Beautiful, best of luck with it.

Racer
Congrats. Looks nice!
76-914
thumb3d.gif
cary
Great Teamwork ..................

Congrats Ian. Did it pass the wife's inspection?
iwanta914-6
Congrats! I'm very happy for you and glad I had a small part in finding what you were looking for. I may not have a 914 but really enjoy being a member of 914world! Someday it will be my time!
Jett
Great story and well deserved win!
iankarr
cary...so far yes. gotta wait till it gets here for full wife approval.
do you think it's a coincidence that she sent me a pic of diamond studs today with the caption "hint hint"?

76-914 thanks again for doing the PPI on that crazy car in the OC. You're a part of this story, too!
74ravenna
Congratulations on finding a fantastic car!

I think luggage racks look fantastic on 914s.

Looking forward to seeing more photos.
914dave
Congrats! Looks great. Good luck with her.
914z
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 17 2017, 07:57 PM) *

cary...so far yes. gotta wait till it gets here for full wife approval.
do you think it's a coincidence that she sent me a pic of diamond studs today with the caption "hint hint"?

76-914 thanks again for doing the PPI on that crazy car in the OC. You're a part of this story, too!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif
Hope your wife Likes it, you struggled enough!
Nice looking car and it apparently runs! Not crazy about the wheels but...
Steve

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.