Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's plan an invasion!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I will be attending the WCR but not driving down as I can't get as much time as I'd like off.

The dates are a July 8-16 not sure if I'll be able to attend all of it, but I'm trying.

I'd just like to have some 914 brothers (and sisters) to hang with too.

But for those of us in the NW and any other World members let's have a show of how many of us have the 914 sickness. I'm planning on attending just because it's local, somewhat. Yes it's a PCA event, but I've never been to one and it's in my backyard. So who's up?
jim_hoyland
So far I'm planning on attending while visiting MIL's in Rathdam, ID. Will volunteer most likely for a couple of days. Still in planning stage
cary
I'm planning on going. But so far I'm planning on trailering the tail dragger and participating in the AX. Coming home Friday and doing the Emory camp out in McMinnville on Saturday and Sunday.
stevend914
I'm planning on attending in my 914 if it successfully makes the trip to WCR. Already booked hotel. Might AX, but haven't done one before.
914-300Hemi
We plan on dragging in mean driving the ass dragger to the parade.
Never been to one.
PanelBilly
I've been thinking the same thing. Invade the Parade. I found a house outside Spokane on one of the vacation sites that sleeps a ton of people and has a huge parking area. Not sure if that's the best route to take. Ive heard it's best to stay at one of the hotels.
stevend914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 18 2017, 09:57 AM) *

I've been thinking the same thing. Invade the Parade. I found a house outside Spokane on one of the vacation sites that sleeps a ton of people and has a huge parking area. Not sure if that's the best route to take. Ive heard it's best to stay at one of the hotels.

Staying at one of the hotels just costs you more money, I stayed 20 miles from Jay Peak last year and didn't miss anything.
Mikey914
Looks like others had the same idea. Great!
billh1963
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Feb 18 2017, 12:46 PM) *

Staying at one of the hotels just costs you more money, I stayed 20 miles from Jay Peak last year and didn't miss anything.

I agree. I did stay at Jay Peak and don't feel that I got to experience any more than if I had stayed off site.
6freak
but when your drinking its nice to be able to walk/crawl to your room beerchug.gif ,ill be there if i still have a car to drive
smile.gif
SKL1
You sure don't have to stay at the main hotels- we rented a condo nearby the Keystone Parade a few years ago- were several other Porsches in the area. You won't be alone!
6freak
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Feb 19 2017, 08:54 PM) *

You sure don't have to stay at the main hotels- we rented a condo nearby the Keystone Parade a few years ago- were several other Porsches in the area. You won't be alone!

I did the same in keystone ..and i found it to be a pain in the butt waiting for the shuttle to the main hotel because there no parking unless your staying there, so the car had to stay back at the condo in and out of the trailer i rode the buss more then i drove the car! but yes cheaper to rent a place ...but dought youll get your car in the roped off parking lot with all the other cars ....be tuff to invade if your parked down the side streets .....im all for trying ...I can contact some folks and ask if we can get a 914 row? even though some may not be staying at the base hotel....and i dont think its a must to be a PCA member but they can get pretty cheese and winey at national events
SKL1
Just to walk around don't think you'd need to be a PCA member either, but can't imagine most aren't already. Concours prep areas etc are wide open. Unless it has really changed, you just walk into the actual concours area.
To get into the Goodie Store you will need to be a PCA member and show your card unless they've changed that- haven't been to a Parade for a few years now. Goodie Store usually has some "good" stuff!
Should be going to the Literature show in LA coming up but just didn't get my s**t together!
PanelBilly
Found a home with 5 bedrooms all having queen beds. Would run $1500 for Thursday till sunday. Anybody want to split it with me? They have a spot on the side of the house for a trailer and a fair amount of parking. Big ass house too.
stevend914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 20 2017, 07:07 PM) *

Found a home with 5 bedrooms all having queen beds. Would run $1500 for Thursday till sunday. Anybody want to split it with me? They have a spot on the side of the house for a trailer and a fair amount of parking. Big ass house too.

I already made other arrangements for the week..
cwpeden
I'll be there, autox and volunteer.....and drinking....lots of water smile.gif
I hear it gets hot in the summer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.