Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone remember the chat room?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
Several years ago I remember a 914 web site that had a chat room. Was it this site? If so, what ever happened to it? It was great to be able to get in and shoot the bull with people.
drew365
It wasn't this board. It's not quite 2 1/2 years old, and we do all our chatting in the main hallway. That's why you see so much OT posting. We seem to like it that way. Being in a room with some of these clowns would degrade into nonsense real quick. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
that was on brad's other website, all914.com ...

the site hasn't been updated in 2 years or so. i still have a copy on my server, waiting to be resurrected ...
cool.gif Andy
MoveQik
"Main hallway"...."OT posting"?? help me out. I'm not up on all the lingo.
SirAndy
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 2 2005, 07:43 PM)
"Main hallway"

where you are right now, sometimes also refered to as "the garage" ...

"OT posting"

OT = "Off Topic" as in "not porsche related", like NPC (no porsche content) ...

cool.gif Andy
jonwatts
The chat room was a raucus blast. One of the bad things about it, tho, is that chats weren't (and usually aren't) archived. So aside from the funny stuff you'd get some good info (9 times out of 10 it was from Brad) but unless you saved the conversation it was lost, and no one else could "search" for it like they can the archives. We might be able to come up with a chat room that saved the conversations for searching, but I'm not sure I'd be in favor of it. People (me included) will say things at the spur of the moment that they wouldn't say in a post.

Like I said, it was a lot of fun, but I said some things to "Z" I wish I hadn't. Luckily he's got a thick skin (he has to in order to stretch over that enormous gut (see, there I go again)).

Brad Roberts
The chat room was awesome. I made a lot of good friends back in those days (then proceeded to piss them all off over time..LOL)

Those where the days.

Jon is correct. This format allows yu to "search" a given topic instead of us answering the same questions in the chat over and over.

B
GWN7
I never asked the same questions....I just asked them once smile.gif
Brad Roberts
We should hold a "chat" room reunion. clap.gif

B
Mrs. K
QUOTE (jonwatts @ May 2 2005, 09:33 PM)

Like I said, it was a lot of fun, but I said some things to "Z" I wish I hadn't. Luckily he's got a thick skin (he has to in order to stretch over that enormous gut (see, there I go again)).

ohmy.gif Ya know, I have read here that he does carry a gun! fighting19.gif

Lisa chair.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ May 2 2005, 10:38 PM)
ohmy.gif Ya know, I have read here that he does carry a gun!

yeah, but the question is, can he reach it ?

biggrin.gif Andy
Joe Bob
I wear it under my chin.... flipa.gif

Eric_Shea
Which one? confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Was waiting for that....actually Bradholio ragged on me so much about my weight gain....I'm doing something about it.

After the knee ligament replacements and the achilles tendon repair....it got a little too easy to hang in the chair and drink beer....so back on my bicycle.....gonna toss the 30lbs I gained and get thinner again.

Now Jon Watts....hmmmmph, uglee is to the bone and I can diet.... wacko.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 2 2005, 10:37 PM)
We should hold a "chat" room reunion. clap.gif

B

It wouldn't be the smae...I've learnt to speel & tipe
Jeroen
Lost quite a bit of sleep over that thing...
(you guys are awake at the weirdest times laugh.gif )
Carl
The chat room was very funny but ...
I couldn't type fast enough
I couldn't spell well enough
It was hard to keep up with the comments
An hour would go by in a second when the place was busy.
Joe Bob

NO TITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always Looking
too new to remember the chat room, but i saw that Pelican has one. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Always Looking @ May 3 2005, 09:02 AM)
too new to remember the chat room, but i saw that Pelican has one.

Wayne, is that you ???

idea.gif Andy
Joe Bob
No one goes there anymore...it's too crowded. cool_shades.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Always Looking @ May 3 2005, 10:02 AM)
too new to remember the chat room, but i saw that Pelican has one. beerchug.gif

Our yahoo backup has chat too, but pelican's is better. Pelican's is an actual IRC channel, you can use their web interface or your own irc client.. which can be set to save a log. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.