Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I would like to see what the triad exhaust liooks like on the car with the rear valance on. How do they hold up after a few years? Do they rust bad? Got pics?
Rouser
QUOTE (thomasotten @ May 3 2005, 10:42 AM)
I would like to see what the triad exhaust liooks like on the car with the rear valance on.  How do they hold up after a few years?  Do they rust bad?  Got pics?

You're going to have to cut a mirrored notch onto the right side. I have the 911 sport tranny mounts, so I had to add a few flat washers to lower the outlets (riding way too high). Don't know if this is required with standard mounts, it's just an issue I had to deal with.

I purchased mine just a few months before David Said (the original owner of Triad) passed away, and it's held up quite well (what's that, 2 - 3 years?). I did have one problem recently with a crack that developed on a support flange, but Paul (URY914) helped me weld it up and it haven't had any problems since. I think my engine vibrates more than it should (I romp on it why too much!), and it might've contributed to the crack.

Other than that, it's a beautiful-looking exhaust, sounds bitchin', hasn't rusted anywhere, and I highly recommend it. It doesn't come with the chrome tips; I installed those myself and can tell you what to buy to duplicate the look.
Rouser
Again ...

Rouser
Another ...
Aaron Cox
very nice. i havent installed a valence on mine yet.... im looking for an early style long valence and have portholes in it. wink.gif

BTW, what tips did you put on that?
Rouser
They came from 3A Racing and I believe it was these.

I just gutted the mounting innerds, slipped them over the ends, and drilled some holes in the exhaust and bolted them down so they wouldn't grow legs. dry.gif
JmuRiz
I have yet to put a valence on my triad, but I agree, it hasn't rusted one bit and I love the bark. I have some tips on mine but have taken them off...I should just drill them on there as muffler clamps don't seem to get tight enough for them not to rotate. Maybe if I knew how to weld I would weld them on...but I don't biggrin.gif
thomasotten
Do you think they apply enough back pressure? I don't think my monza has enough back pressure, and it is just so darn loud. I want a nice refined machine sound. Someone said these give it a quasi 911 sound. Any truth to that?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (thomasotten @ May 3 2005, 02:39 PM)
Do you think they apply enough back pressure? I don't think my monza has enough back pressure, and it is just so darn loud. I want a nice refined machine sound. Someone said these give it a quasi 911 sound. Any truth to that?

nice and smooth.....

not the dragging chains sound of a monza ohmy.gif
JohnM
Rouser, that is a great look-- nicely done! clap.gif
Reiche
I saw a really nice blue '74 near Seattle Center last Saturday with a Triad. (Belong to someone here?) The stock valence cutout was used on the drivers' side outlet, but the passenger side outlet was hidden behind the valence and pointed straight down. I thought it looked great in a sleeper sort of way. Is that how they usually are?

Sorry, no picture.
Mueller
I thought it looked great in a sleeper sort of way. Is that how they usually are?

sounds more like someone too cheap to buy and modify a rear valance smile.gif

i thought at one time a single exit triad was made???
xsboost90
im thinking of making my own exhaust. Would it be good to make the two sides tie together or equalize each side of the motor, or can i run two mufflers, one for each side. I was thinking of running both to one large muffler-dynomax etc- then out each side and weld my two valances into one w/ two notches.
Rouser
QUOTE (Reiche @ May 3 2005, 09:17 PM)
I thought it looked great in a sleeper sort of way. Is that how they usually are?

You can request that your exhaust be done that way (they're all made-to-order). I think it takes away from the appearance you'll achieve with the duals, but to each his own.

Triad will exit them any way you wish; I just prefer the look I have.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 3 2005, 06:33 PM)

i thought at one time a single exit triad was made???

triad made a single exit for a while. kevin powers has one on his ride. they also make one with an outlet pointed down for the sleeper look
Reiche
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 3 2005, 05:33 PM)

Not this car. It was damn nice. It was definitely dual outlet.
jgiroux67
So triad will make the tips spaced at any distance you want? I've been wanting to get one but I realy don't like how far apart the tips are. I want the tips 1 to 3/2 feet apart.
thomasotten
Rouser:

Are those oval tips that you put on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.