Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention 914 Resources, Parts & Products Vendors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer

I've decided to utilize a resource that has been just sitting for the past year or so. I've revived PartPricer as a resource available to the 914 community. I had already paid for the domain and hosting for three years so why not use it.

The legal hurdles have been addressed and overcome so this itteration of PartPricer can move forward.

Now, as you look at the site, you will see that it currently links to GPR, Pelican, AA and Stoddard. This is because they maintain robust online catalogs. However, I also have built in a way to include the 914 Club Parts & Products Vendors. If you look under "DISK BRAKE FRONT", you'll see what I mean.

Now, here is what I would ask of you. If you can send to me a listing of the parts that you supply for 914s including part name, part number it replaces (if applicable), page(s) it would be best suited to be displayed, links to information/pricing on your product (your website or 914Club listing), I will include your products next time I generate the pages. (Probably next week)

I still working on a few things that need to be ironed out. But, the site is about 90% there.

If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me.

Mueller
Paul,

"who" uses PartPricer??

I mean how does the general public know about it or is it something you offer to small shops?

Part Pricer
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 3 2005, 10:19 AM)
"who" uses PartPricer??

I would expect that a lot of 914 owners do. I've had a version of this running on a subdomain on my personal website for over a year that linked only to PP. That version regularly had over 500 unique visitors per month. I think those people know about it from a posting here and word of mouth.

I'm not in this to make any money. I'm just trying to provide a service to the people that have helped me out.

Pugbug
I know you recently got it up, but I'm just pointing out a couple of glitches in the site. I tried to go to the fuel and exhaust menu, but when I try to go further the drop down menu disappears, and accessories comes up. I then tried to search and went to site menu, but that drop down menu also disappeared when I moved my cursor down.

Can't seem to get to where I want to go.
Part Pricer

That's a problem that I've been dealing with. I tried to use as much of the screen as possible so as better to display the information. However, when the screen wraps, the top menu also wraps.

Can you tell me your screen resolution, browser version and if you are running your browser windowed or full-screen?

Thanks

greg.treadway
Paul, I like this a lot. Let me know if I can help with the code on our side to help you out. I can't seem to make everything work.
Pugbug
Paul....I had my screen set at 800X600 when I tried the site. I reset the screen resolution to 1024X768, and that works ok....But everything is so small, and my eyes are so old!
Part Pricer

Thanks Larry. I'll see what I can do to make it easier on your eyes. Have you tried glasses? biggrin.gif
bondo
smilie_pokal.gif

Awesome! Quite the time saver!
Brad Roberts
It wont let me buy a new body in white from GPR laugh.gif ?

Please remove all the "obvious" NLA crap.

B
Part Pricer
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 3 2005, 01:52 PM)
It wont let me buy a new body in white from GPR laugh.gif ?

Please remove all the "obvious" NLA crap.

Pelican lists one for $6949.58. AA has it for $7,091.41. biggrin.gif

All NLA items are marked NLA. To remove them would corrupt the integrity of the historical document.
Part Pricer

Thanks to the vendors that have provided me information on their products. I'm generating an update tomorrow. So, there is still some time to give me your information to be included.

The technical issue with the menu has been worked out. You can see the details at this link

Thanks again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.