Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: excellent black 74, 1.8 rebuilt engine and transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
earlyaircooled
Factory black Click to view attachment1974 Porsche 914 1.8 Excellent cosmetic condition and recently (300 miles) rebuilt engine and transmission. Asking $18,000 or best offer, Low ball offers will be ignored.

Links to over 70 pictures here: black 914

Three Oregon owner’s from new, numbers matching, factory black car. This 914 runs and drives amazingly well. This 43 year old Porsche 914 is a time capsule car, rare to find one in this condition!

Body and paint: Mostly factory original paint, fantastic overall condition, no rust or body damage. Minor rock chips in the paint mostly on the front hood. Latches, locks, window winders etc. all work very well.

Engine: was professionally rebuilt recently and only has 300 miles on it. The engine sheet metal was powder coated in the correct satin black color. This Porsche has a newly rebuilt fuel pump and stock fuel injection with rebuilt fuel injectors. This car does not have any engine or transmission oil leaks, rare indeed for any air cooled Porsche.

Transmission: professionally overhauled, also 300 miles ago. Clutch inspected and has only 10% wear.

New tires, new optima battery, many rubber seals replaced, new sail vinyl.

Brakes: Recent brake caliper rebuild and the brakes work great and so does the parking brake.

Interior: The carpet was replaced and the interior is in great shape. Two small dash cracks (see pics). Later non-stock stereo installed.

Suspension: Recent 4 wheel alignment and the suspension is very good.

The only non-stock item is a Bursch muffler and the stereo.

Cosmetically and mechanically this 914 is easily a 9.5 out of 10.

The owner, a friend of mine (Alan Blanchard) owns a local Porsche, VW and Audi repair shop and he is a 914 expect who has been working on them since they were new. Alan did the engine and transmission rebuild as well as the brakes and other items. This 914 has a clean clear title and is located in Portland, OR. This car is sold “as is” no warranty. Please come and inspect this car in person if you can, you won’t be disappointed.
malcolm2
Beauty! Too pretty for me, but I love it. Looks like it is worth every penny.
Cal
I just saw your ad over on the ESR also.....it looks like a great 914. GLWS.
mepstein
Looks teriffic!
Cairo94507
Very nice car - someone is going to get very luck. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.