Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEMPLATE FOR REAR EMBLEM 914 2.0 HOLES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wayne
Does anyone happen to have a nice template available to drill the holes for the Rear 914 2.0 emblems. I want them to be in the correct place, of course. Don't think it matters but mine's a 74 LE that use to have the reflector so i'm filling in those holes and putting the original emblems back on

Thanks for the help

Here's my email address: wayne@pacificparts.com

Wayne
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Wayne @ Feb 21 2017, 10:31 AM) *

Does anyone happen to have a nice template available to drill the holes for the Rear 914 2.0 emblems. I want them to be in the correct place, of course. Don't think it matters but mine's a 74 LE that use to have the reflector so i'm filling in those holes and putting the original emblems back on

Thanks for the help

Wayne

If someone doesn't already have one, I can trace the holes from my 74 2.0 for you.
TM_Corey
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 21 2017, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Wayne @ Feb 21 2017, 10:31 AM) *

Thanks for the help

Wayne

If someone doesn't already have one, I can trace the holes from my 74 2.0 for you.

Ditto

Mine are off and it would be easy to do a rubbing or something.
Tom_T
agree.gif

Wayne, if you already have a badge, then just use some paper to place the holes off your badge.

If not, then wait til you have one & use it, since another badge could have the pins tweaked slightly over the years & be different.

Trace the holes at the pin-to-badge base to avoid that possibility.

Make sure to line the holes up level with the 914 badge's holes.

If you need the location of both badges, then you can measure of the pic below of my parts shell 2.0 & a little math to scale it up (my 73 2L's back wall is mashed in from the `85 parking structure accident, & therefore useless for measurements).

The badges should be centered vertically between the rear lip of the trunk when closed tight & the lower lip of the rear wall indent, with the holes L-to-R as in the pic below.

BTW - this is a 74 2L as well - just click this pic out to get the pic scale version to measure from....
Click to view attachment

Otherwise, you'll need to get a local OC or SoCal 914 with a cleaner back panel to measure from.

Oddly enough, since Porsche initially didn't plan to put on 1.7 & 2.0 badges in `73, the early 73's built in early '72 didn't have the punched holes, so they too had to drill them. It may have been that they were using up stock from the 70-72 MY's rear wall parts which didn't have the 1.7/2.0 badges.

Hope this helps! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Wayne
Thanks for the help Tom and to the others that offered to help out. I think I can handle it from here sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.