Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vin man
Here is an example of a wiring diagram for one of my cars:

72 Wiring

On the drawing, there are numbers that have circles around them. For example, the circled number 27 refers to a combination relay. This is the headlamp relay that switches between high beam and low beam. The legend for the circled numbers (as well as the fuse locations) is at the bottom of the drawing.

Is there a legend for the non-circled numbers? Are these circuits? Where do I find out what the 56 or 56a or F, etc refer to within this relay?

Mike Bellis
56, 56a, F etc. is usually imprinted on the relay next to the terminal. Same goes for switches and other components.
Dave_Darling
The very small numbers in the middle of the wires are the width of the conductor part of the wire in millimeters.

The small numbers near the components are, as Mike said, labels for the wire connections on the components. Usually there are labels on the component (relay, switch, etc.).

--DD
JeffBowlsby
The early schematics (1970-73) are presented differently than the later (1974-76) schematics. ON the later schematics the wire sizes are indicated as Dave mentions.

The numbers you refer to on the 1972 need to be studied in context. Sometimes they are position numbers on a multipin connector, other times they are wire numbers that you should be able to match up elsewhere on the schematic. Stare at them long enough and they almost always make sense. There are few errors though...
vin man
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 21 2017, 11:37 PM) *

The early schematics (1970-73) are presented differently than the later (1974-76) schematics. ON the later schematics the wire sizes are indicated as Dave mentions.

The numbers you refer to on the 1972 need to be studied in context. Sometimes they are position numbers on a multipin connector, other times they are wire numbers that you should be able to match up elsewhere on the schematic. Stare at them long enough and they almost always make sense. There are few errors though...

Thanks.
Jeff - also want to thank you for hosting the site that I grabbed the drawings from. Most helpful.
GeorgeRud
Since you can't find wire sized in square mm at your local FLAPS, this might be useful.Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 21 2017, 10:37 PM) *

The early schematics (1970-73) are presented differently than the later (1974-76) schematics.

Whoops, forgot about that! Yeah, I'm used to the 74+ diagrams, since my car is a 74.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.