Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic (moab, utah)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
brant
Could we get an Admin to pin this please?

So here it is in print!
The 1st ever Red Rocks Classic

This will be a casual 3 day weekend with AMAZING drives and AMAZING scenery.

Bring your camera!
We welcome all.. and I know of some of the club members from Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas? and Colorado are going... plus we would love to have even more!

The rough draft itinerary is:

Friday
Registration - Hotel TBD
Lunch - TBD
Scenic Drive - Hwy. 128 Along the Colorado
Meet and Greet - Hotel TBD
Dinner - Restaurant TBD

Saturday
Rise and Shine Car Show - Hotel TBD
Arches National Park - Drive to Devils Garden Trail
Lunch at Arches - Devils Garden Picnic Area (we'll need to arrange a box lunch)
Delicate Arch Hike - Delicate Arch (lots of water needed)
Awards Dinner - Restaurant TBD

Sunday
Breakfast - Hotel TBD
Scenic Drive - Canyonlands Overlook
Lunch - Restaurant TBD (Slickrock Cafe?)
Farewell

No speed events due to the limited resources for such activities in Moab and due to the abundance of natural resources there. This will be billed as the most beautiful "drive" your 914 could "ever" go on.

I wanted also to start this thread off with a thank you to Eric Shea and Joe who have done all of the leg work for this!

TROJANMAN
party.gif rock_band.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif MDB2.gif smilie_flagge6.gif

come one come all! looking forward to it.

now i just need to figure out how to get my expedtion to pull my RV trailer, 914, and Jeep.
Series9
QUOTE (brant @ May 3 2005, 11:03 AM)
I wanted also to start this thread off with a thank you to Eric Shea and Joe who have done all of the leg work for this!

The only credit I can take is having the original idea for a southwest event. You and Eric have done the rest. Thanks. smilie_pokal.gif
Toast
I wanna go! I wanna go! I love Moab! Its beautifuly awesome. wub.gif

Hummm.....now how to get a 914 there from Cali, and how to keep all the red dirt off of it. idea.gif lol2.gif
flyloki
Awesome! I'll be there representing the Boise ID contingent. Now just one problem.

I need a 914!

Soooo......who's got my funky fresh Delphi, Alaska, Gemeni, Marathon, or Silver, little to no rust 914 with all the goodies for a reasonable sum?
Aaron Cox
nailed....
Gint
I'm here to tell you guys that UT128 is one of the most beautiful roads you'll ever drive down. I've traveled the U.S. fairly extensively, especially the western half and this is one of top ten drives of all time.
BMartin914
Thanks for nailing this! I'll be there assuming the 914 is ready to roll - I don't see any reason [now] that it won't be.
Gint
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ May 3 2005, 04:18 PM)
Thanks for nailing this! I'll be there assuming the 914 is ready to roll - I don't see any reason [now] that it won't be.

I'm in, with or without a 914.
brant
QUOTE (Gint @ May 3 2005, 03:22 PM)

Mike,

I'm thinking about hauling the black car on a trailer (with the van)...

so if you don't decide to go 4 wheeling you can always hitch a ride with me in the van....

Gint
QUOTE (brant @ May 3 2005, 04:33 PM)

Mike,

so if you don't decide to go 4 wheeling you can always hitch a ride with me in the van....

The Jeep's gone, so nothing to wheel with anymore. I'll bring Shar and maybe find a way to bring the mountain bikes. Doesn't matter what we do or how we get there, I love it down there.
brant
QUOTE (Gint @ May 3 2005, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ May 3 2005, 04:33 PM)

Mike,

The Jeep's gone, so nothing to wheel with anymore. I'll bring Shar and maybe find a way to bring the mountain bikes. Doesn't matter what we do or how we get there, I love it down there.

I can't say 100 percent...
but if I take the van it will likely be me/dad/laura... and a trailer

thus leaving room for a couple of passengers and bikes too.

Let me see If I can just get car #1 done, so that I can then get the black car running in time.

Heck even without a 914, I'll be going

brant
majkos
Ahhhh....... wink.gif .............When!?? huh.gif

Any mountain bike events?? aktion035.gif
BMartin914
Kev, Dates are in the thread title. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
just put it on the calendar, so now the wife knows about it.
majkos
Well.Duh! blink.gif

I looked everywhere but the title! screwy.gif

Eric_Shea
Terrain Teasers.

Cousin-In-Law...
Eric_Shea
Petroglyphs...
Eric_Shea
More...
Eric_Shea
Arches...
Eric_Shea
Anyone like camping? We do... wink.gif
Eric_Shea
How about roads like this...
Eric_Shea
Pictographs...
Maltese Falcon
...Murphy's Law- I just sold the all terrain vanagon syncro / 3.2L six cyl blink.gif
That would have been one trek I needed to do in that beast !
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.