Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the Phoenix is Rising
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Who is attending the Phoenix Club event?

Add to a list and we can connect..
beerchug.gif welcome.png
bdstone914
Me And Wes
jim_hoyland
Always a great event, and lots of 914s will be parked inside on the lawn.
Keith914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Feb 23 2017, 06:42 PM) *

beerchug.gif welcome.png

I will be there.
Coondog
I will be at the Phoenix event but without my 914 because it's in Phoenix... lol-2.gif
Matty900
I will be there. Car is still being rebuilt though.
pete000
Hoping to have my six at the show this year after 4 years of failed attempts !
altitude411
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Feb 23 2017, 07:42 PM) *

beerchug.gif welcome.png

when and where is this happening? I'm in the area for buisness and would like to check it out if possible.
Larmo63
This is my favorite Porsche event of the year.

I'll be there.
'73-914kid
I'll be there with the 914. Hoping I don't get water in the distributor cap like last year from the rain.
Steve
I will be there as well as the literature show on Saturday.
Elliot Cannon
See you at both shows.
Blue6
I'll be there with my "life partner", Jim. We'll have lots of good 914 parts, and one 911 part for sale. Weather looks promising so far.... biggrin.gif
914 Ranch
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 23 2017, 10:15 PM) *

I will be at the Phoenix event but without my 914 because it's in Phoenix... lol-2.gif

Why is it in Phoenix?
Coondog
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Feb 24 2017, 12:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 23 2017, 10:15 PM) *

Why is it in Phoenix?

3.2 install at Patrick Motor Sports
jim_hoyland
See http://www.thephoenixclub.comfor details on this German American Club.

"Event sponsor, the 356 Club of Southern California will have indoor vendor displays in the FestHalle with 11,500 feet under one roof! Outdoors, we have about 2 acres of room for more vendors, swappers and large grass soccer field for car corrals. We’ll have plenty of parking available to Porsche people within 50 meters of the main entrance.

This event will take us back to a simpler time in a very unique setting; to a time when the Internet was not your primary source for used Porsche parts; a time when the local Southern California Porsche owner’s gathered each winter to swap, fender fondle, see old friends and appreciate the breed. There will be vendors dedicated to our Porsche hobby and plenty of swap space will be available. If you have a car for sale, bring it and put a sign and information sheet in the window and sell it.

Each car coming in for Porsche display parking will make a donation of $20, so pile as many of your friends in the car as you can! The gates open to the Porsche parking on the grounds of the Phoenix Club at 8 AM. Seeing all the Porsche’s parked there will be incredible! The walk-in gate will be open at 8:00 AM and admission will be $10. Breakfast and lunch with a German flavor will be available from open to close. Be sure you stop by the Bierstube to finish off the day. For those wanting to stay in the area of the Phoenix Club on Saturday night, we suggest the AYRES HOTEL ANAHEIM, 2550 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806 (714) 634-2106.

Swappers will make a $60 donation per space taken on a first come first served basis at the gate on the morning of the event. Indoor clean vendor space also be available for $60 donation per space taken, but must be reserved by February 6th, 2016. For Vendor display information and reservations, contact gro.bulc653@rovert">Trevor Gates. Swapper and vendors will be able to come in and begin set up at 6 AM. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (http://www.cff.org/).

So, we’ll look forward to seeing you and your Porsche Sunday, March 5th, 2017. Bring whatever money you have leftover from the Literature Meet, your Porsche, Porsche friends and join us for a celebration of Porsche! Breakfast and lunch will be available, so plan to spend the day soaking in the glory that is Porsche. Watch for updates and for information; contact moc.loa@VN119ON">Jeff Trask or 949-697-4499. Let us know how you want to be involved!"

From the So Cal 356 Club events page.
forrestkhaag
Blue 6: I thought you two looked for foul weather so as to "stay indoors" longer... lol-2.gif

I will be there and hope to get a space on the lawn.

beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
And, the Phoenix Club has a beer garten and lots of outdoor tables.
914-300Hemi
I will be there in the teener if I can get the gremlins fixed.
banananose914
Uh, Dave. You remember at the last Phoenix show you convinced me to stay with you in your Isetta. I've been paying child support ever since. I ain't falling for the banana in the tailpipe trick again! We are done!
Larmo63
You two kiss and make up.

You make such a cute couple.

sheeplove.gif
Blue6
Hey bananabeek. If you don't want to sleep in my Isetta again, the weather is supposed to be good, so sleep in the grass out front. Your car sleeping ediquette was sorely lacking.
rhodyguy
blink.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 23 2017, 08:48 PM) *

I'll be there with the 914. Hoping I don't get water in the distributor cap like last year from the rain.

Ethan,
Take a can of WD 40 with you.
clarkcou
When and where is the phx event. Or did I already miss it?
pete000
Lots of Porsche stuff going on next week in LA.

So Cal All-Porsche Swap and Car Display
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Phoenix Club, 1340 South Sanderson, Anaheim, CA 92806

http://www.lalitandtoyshow.com/related-events.html
forrestkhaag
Well, this is the week to prepare to insert the 3.0 into the car so no show (in my 914) at the Phoenix Club event as I will have the 2.2L engine on a palet by tomorrow afternoon.

I will be there regardless / having to drive my beater truck but maybe I can score a 911 sport muffler at the swap and some other parts not fitting so well in the trunk of a 914..... beerchug.gif
Gmanscott55
I will be there. driving.gif

SO.O.C914er
I'm down for this one. Is there a certain spot where all the O.C 914 boyz park. Let me know Paul beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Feb 27 2017, 09:03 PM) *

I'm down for this one. Is there a certain spot where all the O.C 914 boyz park. Let me know Paul beerchug.gif

It's hard to get there at the same time and it's single file to get in.
Unless they let us make our own row!! Otherwise, it's a mix of cars.
SO.O.C914er
We can make it easier if we all go in together single file. Let's plan on meeting for coffee in one location caravan from there. Makes sense to make it off the 55 fwy to be fair to the boyz in North O.C. If it's just the boyz from the south Lake forest at the 5 fwy works or someone pick a spot...Paul beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Checking into the LAX Hilton tomorrow. See you all there or at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim on Sunday. I'll bring my rain hats just in case. Not much for me at the Hilton show and I vow each year that I won't go again but then find myself there again the next year anyway. Go figure. dry.gif
euro911
No running 914 at present, and I remember trying to find a parking spot outside being a real bitch the last few times - not sure if I'll make it (again) this year dry.gif

I might be heading down to Henk Baars' open house (CarpacUSA) in Costa Mesa on Saturday though smile.gif
pete000
Rain again ! Good grief hope not !
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
pete000
Rain rain go away, come back again another day....
SO.O.C914er
Pam and I will be there. First time for the Phoenix club event so virgin voyage on this one haha! Won't be taking the 914 if it's going to rain. Plus if I bring my truck I can buy up all the shit you wanted booyaa!! beerchug.gif
sb914
I'm out!
Jake Raby
I'm hanging out at the LN Engineering booth under the big top. Stop by.
Steve
Saw most of the so cal contingent. Saw Mark aka 914rubber as I was leaving. Sorry I missed you. I will be at the WCC in June. Hopefully connect with more people there.
Had to leave early today.
SO.O.C914er
Pam and I saw your car at about 10:00 then saw Forrest with some of his friends. Then saw you pulling out around 11:30. Oh saw Elliot made the drive down from up north talked to him for a couple minutes. Great event!!
euro911
Did anybody take pix confused24.gif
Steve
Only took one picture of my daughter with Magnus. Pretty selfish, I feel guilty but its the same cars every year and I already have pictures of them.
Click to view attachment
Steve
Wish I could of hung out longer. Ahwell when is the next G&R?
Larmo63
914s and 914teeners were very well represented at this event. There were a lot of beautiful examples of our beloved car, and much more buzz about them this year. Every year, there is more and more.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 5 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Only took one picture of my daughter with Magnus. Pretty selfish, I feel guilty but its the same cars every year and I already have pictures of them.
Click to view attachment

She doesn't look too happy to be standing so close. Is it me or does he always look like he could use some grooming? biggrin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 7 2017, 12:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 5 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Click to view attachment

She doesn't look too happy to be standing so close. Is it me or does he always look like he could use some grooming? biggrin.gif

It is you Elliot. He could be on the cover of GQ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.