Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
So I have two temp gauges, 1 on the center console and 1 on the top of multi gauge. the PO only had the console gauge hooked up. Can I split the wires and have both work or what other gauge can fit in the top of the multi gauge instead of temp?
Tom_T
It was probably one of the post 73 MY 2.0's that came with the OT/Fuel combo gauge & no console, which a PO added (or visa versa).

If I were you, I'd hook up the dash combo OT gauge & use that, pull the center console OT gauge & save it in storage, then replace it with an Oil Pressure gauge, adding the necessary sender & wiring.

That way you can monitor both oil temp & pressure.

PS - That will be less costly than converting the combo gauge, which are rather rare & worth some bucks, as are the 3 original center console gauges.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ruddyboys
I have a 74, PO put in 73 gauges. I like the idea of replacing the center console gauge. If i put in an oil pressure gauge, could I still use the old temp gauge from the center console, there are no numbers just a red warning are.
Dave_Darling
If you split the signal from the temp gauge, both will read wrong. I don't remember how, but they will both read funky.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.