Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the road after 17 years...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
Alright, so it has been a long journey since I purchased my 1975 914 in spring of 2014. It has been slow progress due in part by being in high school and having to work for money every time I needed a part. But the most important part is the fact that we have another teener back on the road! cheer.gif driving.gif It was last registered in august of 1999, before I was even born!! There is still more work of course because an old car is never done but it is 100% running and driving great. This is in HUGE THANKS to Chris and Ed at Tangerine Racing in CT. These guys looked over all the work I had done, fixed what needed to be and gave the engine a nice full tune. It runs and drives beautifully! I will detail all the work that has been done in the sale thread when the time comes. smilie_pokal.gif
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Awesome! Congrats! aktion035.gif
billh1963
Awesome...now get out and driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
rjames
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Feb 24 2017, 12:59 PM) *

Alright, so it has been a long journey since I purchased my 1975 914 in spring of 2014. It has been slow progress due in part by being in high school and having to work for money every time I needed a part. But the most important part is the fact that we have another teener back on the road! cheer.gif driving.gif It was last registered in august of 1999, before I was even born!! There is still more work of course because an old car is never done but it is 100% running and driving great. This is in HUGE THANKS to Chris and Ed at Tangerine Racing in CT. These guys looked over all the work I had done, fixed what needed to be and gave the engine a nice full tune. It runs and drives beautifully! I will detail all the work that has been done in the sale thread when the time comes. smilie_pokal.gif
Click to view attachment

Congrats! beer.gif
Looking forward to the forthcoming thread!
Love the black and tan look. Black cars rule! biggrin.gif
76-914
Congrats. Great work! smilie_pokal.gif It wouldn't mean much to you had someone else paid your way. Proud of you Kiddo. beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
That is freaking awesome. Congrats brotha. Enjoy having a way cooler car than all of your buds as you've earned it. Also great call on taking it to Chris - I wish I had been that smart in high school!
ejm
Plates and a sticker... Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
dudzy's914
Here is what it looked like 3 years ago...Click to view attachment
Cracker
Congratulations young man...good for you! Very impressive...

Tony
Dion
Way to go Finn! Proud of ya! All those Hershey swap meet trips with Dad
paid off.
Bgyglfr
That's a impressive transformation. Nice work!
mgp4591
That's some nice work there - congrats and DRIVE IT!! driving.gif
Porschef
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif

Nice work!!! And with this May in February thing going on, maybe you'll be on salt free roads sooner...

Wait, what? For sale thread???
Frankvw
Born after 1999 makes you a very young porsche owner. Good you went through this the last 3 years...it will help you build up your charactre in a positive way,!
Great looker ! I guess the projectbug bit you and another project will come soon, right?
Enjoy your 914, you worked hard for it.
Cairo94507
Congratulations on getting the car together and driving. I hope now you enjoy driving it and it serves you well. driving.gif aktion035.gif
Krieger
smilie_pokal.gif Have fun!
PanelBilly
Where's the photo showing that huge smile on your face? The car looks great
wes
smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations, great job!
dudzy's914
Been driving it all weekend! No troubles and runs like a champ!! driving.gif Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.