Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redrilled hubs cost
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Hello all! im curious if its generally cheaper to buy somones used set of 5 lug rear hubs or if its cheaper to have mine redrilled and have studs pressed in? also where do u buy lug studs for this?
GeorgeRud
Probably not a big deal otherwise, but if your hubs are the early style with five bosses, I'd have them redrilled for the five studs. I had mine done years ago at FAT, but it's a pretty straightforward conversion, but I'm not sure who does them these days (perhaps check with PMB). If some are already done and available, do whatever is cheaper.
Spoke
If you redrill your hubs for 5-lug, definitely have them tapped for screw-in studs. Eric at PMB did this for me. Bought the studs at track-studs.com and installed them myself. Screw-in studs also allows you to change stud length for new wheels w/o removing the hub.

Track Studs
Bgyglfr
Just curious, if you switch the hubs out, what hubs work best for this conversion?
tazz9924
well does anyone have an extra set?
mb911
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Feb 25 2017, 10:24 AM) *

I have a friend that can do them for you pretty cheap. He did mine and they turned out great. Mine are. Pressed in though.
Spoke
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Feb 25 2017, 01:24 PM) *

Check with Bruce Stone BDStone914. He always seems to have something interesting to sell.
bdstone914

Check with Bruce Stone BDStone914. He always seems to have something interesting to sell.
[/quote]

I do have a couple of sets in the works. I do the press in studs. $200. outright with studs installed.
Bruce
tazz9924
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Feb 25 2017, 09:48 PM' post='2458355']
[/quote]

I do have a couple of sets in the works. I do the press in studs. $200. outright with studs installed.
Bruce
[/quote]
is that without core?
Chris914n6
My local machine shop charges $45 for a half hour. Call around to make sure they have an "indexer" as the first 3 didn't and couldn't. Bring a stud to get the right sized hole drilled.

If you have the late hubs then bosses should to be welded in for strength.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.