Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing sail trim mouldings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am getting ready to install my sail trim aluminum, the rear piece which runs horizontally across the roll bar and the two curved pieces which run down each side. I am not using vinyl, just going with the painted look.

What fasteners hold the trim on? I am having a challenge sourcing them.
Thanks
Cracker
Bump for this question - should be elementary. I very possibly could be wrong but I believe the "vertical" sail trim is secured by an adhesive (DS tape?), not clips. Can someone please give an accurate answer for this member (please)?

Tony
Harpo
The skinny (horizontal) part uses 999.541.326.01. I have 4 new ones you can have if you want.Click to view attachment

David
bdstone914
It takes 4 of those clips on both sides. I have them.
Maybe Harpo can confirm but I have had Pelican 911 ( whining weenies) complain the new clips are different.
I would want $25 for a,set of 8 shipped
IronHillRestorations
There's a clip at the base of the curved vertical piece, as well as a phillips head screw at the top.

There are three clips that hold the long curved horizontal piece across the back of the roll bar, but the curved verticals hold this piece as well.

The small pieces for the bottom of the vinyl are secured with the clips in the photo above, but aren't required if you don't have the holes for it and have done a "vinyl delete".
Cracker
Great to know...thanks guys!

T
boxstr
Clips for the piece across the back on the targa bar and the small ones for the side pieces are available from the Porsche dealer.
Craig at CAMP
forrestkhaag
pm to harpo on the clips if still available...
NJTom
QUOTE(Harpo @ Feb 26 2017, 05:11 AM) *

The skinny (horizontal) part uses 999.541.326.01. I have 4 new ones you can have if you want.Click to view attachment

David

Hi if by chance the others don't want I'm interested thank Tom
Harpo
Mogow4 has first dibs. I will give him 24 hours

David
boxstr
Clips
cn2800
Here is what the clips for the rear targa bar horizontal trim piece look like:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mowog4
David, that is a super cool offer, I alppreciate it but I ordered some earlier today. Thanks for the info,
Ed

QUOTE(Harpo @ Feb 26 2017, 10:01 AM) *

Mogow4 has first dibs. I will give him 24 hours

David

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.