Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency! Anyone near San Jose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wwhalenc
Anybody know of someone trustworthy who can pick up a 914 in San Jose and store until early July? I bought a car w/ the stipulation that I would move within 3 days...I was working w/ Brad to have this towed, but I think he may be unavailable/out of town. Basically just need someon who can tow the car from the seller and hold until Brad Roberts can deliver. Let me know if you know of anyone...as always, Thanks in advance for any leads. --C wwhalenc@yahoo.com
wwhalenc
BTW, this isn't a charity case (unless you want it to be)...let me know how much you (or they) would need to do this. --C
SirAndy
brad is back in SoCal for another court day ...

i don't have the space :-(

call rich at HPH and ask him. 650.364.6234

hope this works out,
wink.gif Andy
richardL
I can store it (outside, but with a cover) if the car driveable (it has to get up and down my driveway wacko.gif and I would need to move it occasionally to get my other car out) but I can't go get it until Saturday and I don't have a trailer.

I'm sure I could borrow Brad's or Mike's though.

If no one else can step up, let me know

Richard
Mueller
My trailer is available (just fixed a flat tire) here in Fremont.

No go on the storage of the car however.....Pat Pickerel might have a spot for it if you ask nicely in Livermore/Pleasanton area.

wwhalenc
Thanks guys... I think I can keep it there through Thurs so I do have a little time. ...I'll call guy number one and see if he can do. When does Brad get back anyway? Supposedly the car is driveable.
richardL
I *think* B will be back on Thursday, but might be busy. If someone can collect it you can store it here. I might be able to get it indoors, otherwise it has to be driveable. B could deliver it to my place, if he collects it.

R
wwhalenc
R, So far you're the closest. If worst comes to worse perhaps I could pay to have it towed to your place. I don't know your exact address, but yahoo is saying about 29 miles/ 34 minutes to get to your place from the car (zip=95125). Does that sound right? This would be huge...Thanks for even considering. --C

BTW..I just told the guys on the local club--What's up w/ 914ers? So far, everyone I've dealt with has been very kind/eager to help a newbie out. you guys are awesome.
wwhalenc
Interesting.. This guy might be in the area w/ a tow dolly shortly. I IM'd so see if he'd be interested.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=30533
Gint
QUOTE (wwhalenc @ May 3 2005, 03:33 PM)
Anybody know of someone trustworthy who can pick up a 914 in San Jose and store until early July? I bought a car w/ the stipulation that I would move within 3 days...I was working w/ Brad to have this towed, but I think he may be unavailable/out of town. Basically just need someon who can tow the car from the seller and hold until Brad Roberts can deliver. Let me know if you know of anyone...as always, Thanks in advance for any leads. --C wwhalenc@yahoo.com

I think I only met Richard once, but I can personally vouch for all of the characters that have posted in this thread. They're all top notch guys that I'm proud to call friends. Generally speaking, the NorCal guys have always come through for me in a pinch too.
ppickerell
You are welcome to store it at my place in Pleasanton, there are 3 or 4 hangin around to keep it company. Things are too hectic this week for me to pick it up.
Britain Smith
You can leave it out in front of my house...it will be very close to Brad.

I live in Milpitas.

BTW, I think Brad will be back tomorrow.

-Britain
wwhalenc
Thus Far Britain is closest! Actually as of today the car now has Temp Tags/Temp Registration and is insured (overnighting the paperwork to the previous owner). I don't think there'll be any prob leaving on the street now. Just need to get it there (probably just pay a tow guy... Although maybe I can talk the P.O. into driving?).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.