Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Turn Signal Switch Be Deleted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tastyplacement
I have a 71 spec racer that still has its turn signal switch and wiper?? switch. My ape-like hands mash against these. The ignition is already disabled, but present there. Can I pull the wheel off and simply remove the entire switch assembly and then put the wheel back on, or does the assembly need to stay?

IPB Image
Cracker
Just an idea...I had the same problem with my old car - so I trimmed mine down to greatly reduce the potential interference. Kind of looked cool too...

Tony

Click to view attachment
Tastyplacement
Oh, that would certainly be easier. I like your knee pad as well.

QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 27 2017, 08:38 PM) *

Just an idea...I had the same problem with my old car - so I trimmed mine down to greatly reduce the potential interference. Kind of looked cool too...

Tastyplacement
What fast release hub do you have there?
Cracker
I believe it was made by Tekniq (?)...long time ago. I actually didn't care for it too much. You can get them from ebay or Amazon, I believe.

Tony

QUOTE(Tastyplacement @ Feb 27 2017, 09:43 PM) *

What fast release hub do you have there?

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
I think you just have to remove the turnsignal assembly.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rand
I'm cracking up because before I saw Tony's post I was going to joke that you could just take some bolt cutters to the lever. biggrin.gif
Cracker
I really shortened them to save weight...

T

QUOTE(Rand @ Feb 27 2017, 10:58 PM) *

I'm cracking up because before I saw Tony's post I was going to joke that you could just take some bolt cutters to the lever. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.