Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srreality
I've reassembled my 73 914 1.7 liter which came to me as a rolling body with boxes/crates of parts. I'm to the point I have a running car, all the big pieces put back together and it is almost roadworthy. Luckily, as I've hooked up various electrical components, they worked! However, the windshield wipers are another matter. Nothing happens when I move the switch arm...........but it doesn't blow fuses at least! I'm hoping not to have to pull the wiper motor (for obvious reasons), so right now I'm focusing on wiring/grounds, switches. I don't see any sign of burnt wires, scorched parts in the steering column switch, nor corrosion in the fuse box. Looking at a wiring diagram, it looks like several things might affect each other. The wiper motor and relay for the fresh air fan are grounded at same point? Fuse #8 has the wiper motor, fresh air fan, the cigarette lighter, the horn relay meeting there. Actually, none of those things work now that I look at my notes! I'm sitting here with a "wee dram" of good scotch wondering where to start poking/prodding next. I've never worked on a 914, and I did not take this one apart, so I'm feeling my way around. Thoughts/suggestions/ideas???
srreality
Found the problem - - - horn relay.
StarBear
QUOTE(srreality @ Mar 4 2017, 09:46 PM) *

Found the problem - - - horn relay.

Oh, here it is. Yep, have done that, too. Will keep exploring....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.