Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New York 914 LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
idea.gif

NY 914 LE
Part Pricer
Nice car.

I would bet that it doesn't meet the reserve price.
Lawrence
I can tell you the reserve is over 3500.
MarkV
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 29 2003, 05:37 PM)
I can tell you the reserve is over 3500.

I bet the reserve is more like $10-12,000. Didn't that last clean Bumblebee sell for 13 or 14,000? crest.gif
JeffBowlsby
The recent Bumblebee went for $12,000 which was the reserve minimum. The next bid in line for that car was $9,000. It was a fine restoration but had minor flaws.

This will be an interesting auction to watch because it appears to be a pristine original paint Creamsicle. I have yet to see any LE that is in original paint much less, one in the condition this car appears to be in.

The Creamsicles are more rare than the Bumblebees but for some reason are not as high in demand. The recent bids/sales for exceptional Creamsicles show a high value of under $8K, but this car would seem to surpass that previous car in quality, so the successful bid should go higher than $8K. I have heard of a mint Creamsicle going for $13,500 a few years ago but it is only rumor.

I would say that any original paint 914 in as exceptional condition as this one appears to be in is going high...its likely the only Creamiscle anywhere in this condition...maybe even higher than the 12K Bumblebee...but only if the right buyer is in the hunt.

Oh no...I am trying to think of a reason not to bid....please talk me out of it... cool.gif
ChrisReale
That is a sweet car. I would like to see a pic of the underside of the engine, the longs and the engine compartment.
JWest
C'mon Jeff - you know you want it - you know you deserve it...

Get out there and bid!

(It's fun trying to spend othere people's money) boldblue.gif
tod914
About 1 1/2 years ago, an Ivory and Red LE was up for sale in Deep in the Harta Texas. It was a Parade class winner. Maybe 3-4 years prior in NY state. Car was fully restored, had 140K on chasis, engine rebuild w/stock p&c. I send picutures to Bows. I think he had about 9k into the body and paint work.
Wanted 9K for the car. Beautiful car. Some 1 out there got a real good deal on that 1.
KaptKaos
Anyone Upstate close enough to go look at it?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe assimilate.gif
Aaron Cox
go for it bowlsby! its yours....."if the price is right!"
tod914
wish it was closer - for me it be like driving across the entire state of PA.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jun 29 2003, 07:30 PM)
The Creamsicles are more rare than the Bumblebees but for some reason are not as high in demand.

For some reason? I think it's pretty obvious why, Jeff.... Most people think the Creamsicles are more ugly than the Bumblebees! lol2.gif

It's too bad, in some ways, but I also wish that the LEs had be done in somewhat more tasteful color schemes... wink.gif Yellow and black is OK, but I'm not sure about the others.

It would be kinda amusing to make a black 74 into a green-on-black pseudo-LE. smile.gif

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Hey Hey there...

last I checked 'beauty' was a subjective decision....but I tend the agree FWIW.

I have thought about a black/green LE too...but what would it be called....mint chocolate chip? tongue.gif (snort)
tod914
I like the creamsicles alot. The bumble bees I have a hard time with. But, I really appreciate both for what they are! Would of liked to check that 1 out and post a report on it, too far though.
seanery
I can't stand the bumble bee's. I think they are horrificly ugly.But I think black with yellow trim and wheels looks heavy and hot.
The creamsicle, on the other hand, isn't that bad.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 1 2003, 06:25 AM)
I can't stand the bumble bee's. I think they are horrificly ugly.But I think black with yellow trim and wheels looks heavy and hot.
The creamsicle, on the other hand, isn't that bad.

i agree,

my favorate are the elusive grasshoppers.....
will someone ever find one? maybe....
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 1 2003, 06:25 AM)

Uhhh.... The black with the yellow trim and wheels IS the "bumble bee".

--DD
seanery
heavy and hot are not good things....I moved a sentence before I posted and it doesn't make as much sense as before.

Basically, I said the damn things are ugly and look heavy and hot - not good things....the creamsicle on the other hand isn't too bad...much more pleasing to the eye.
Aaron Cox
im not big on the whole painted wheels thing.....too 70's
biggrin.gif
TVR Enthusiast
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 1 2003, 01:51 PM)
im not big on the whole painted wheels thing.....too 70's
biggrin.gif

Well of course it's 70's the 914 is from the 70's headbang.gif cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
correct. the car looks fine without painted wheels, and may i remind you the car was designed in the 60's idea.gif
JeffBowlsby
The owner of this car has sent me photos and details of the car which I have installed on the 914 LE website for anyone interested. Look on the Registry under VIN 14446 for more info.

Looks like our own Mr. 'Storm' may be looking to catch a fine Creamsicle....wouldn't that be nice to have 2 LEs in the family...Go Rusty Go!

smilie_flagge6.gif
Aaron Cox
bowlsby, what/ whose car is that in yur avatar? ohmy.gif
ejm
Reserve met on the LE that started this thread.
Zero feedback bidder that registered a few days ago. Hope it's not another auction wrecking idiot. fighting19.gif
Lawrence
9k and no pictures of the longs, suspension console or engine compartment?

Scary. blink.gif
JeffBowlsby
bowlsby, what/ whose car is that in yur avatar?

I dunno...I found the photo somewhere...I hope its not offensive to anyone.
GWN7
Reserve met, $9,000 current bid, 4 days 7 hrs left. It will be interesting to see what the bid gets up to.

The current high bidder is a guy from the East who has an ad on the classifieds on here. Same guy who went to look at that blue POS in a previous post.
ejm
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 5 2003, 07:48 AM)
The current high bidder is a guy from the East who has an ad on the classifieds on here.

This LE sounds like the car he's looking for in the ad.
Car is close to his location, wonder if he went and took a look at it.

Good luck jamez smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
is that the guy that took the bus down from Canada?
tryan
the 'group w' bus for you alices resturant fans
GWN7
Yes, same guy who took the bus to look/buy the blue POS. Told him he should have bought Brads 6 that he had forsale.

Bid is up to 10K.
JeffBowlsby
Remember that the really nice resto Bumblebee went fo 12K a few months ago. This current car is in original paint...a big plus to a collector.

I wonder if Jamez has gone to see the car?
redshift
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jul 5 2003, 07:26 AM)
bowlsby, what/ whose car is that in yur avatar?

I dunno...I found the photo somewhere...I hope its not offensive to anyone.

Reverse the avatar, put it in 5 o'clock traffic, and it looks like a 1.7 I once knew.

Atlanta GA hates 914s.

I like it B'lsby.

M
GWN7
Looks like Jamez is still looking for a car. sad.gif

Anyone know of a nice 74 for him?
tod914
Actually a friend of mine is selling his 73 2.0. The car came from Canada about 1 1/2 years ago. One owner car until his purchase. Located in Northern NJ. Had a respray, suppose to be a nice car. I havent had a chance to see it.

Heres the info;
purchased in July 2002 from original owners. Car has had new bare metal repaint in past 5 years. Brake overhaul in May 2001. 79k miles. New "fuchs style" wheels with Kumho 205x50 performance tires. Original fuchs in good condition with goodyear 205x65 included. New KYB shocks and Bursch performance street muffler, not installed-included. Interior very good condition. Exterior excellent. $7500 firm for the car and all the extras. Car does have some rust in the driver's side jack tube area. Must sell, other obligations. This car is a nice clean stock 914.

http://www.914world.com/classifieds/detail...607275af95c5260
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.