Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MicroSquirt monitoring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moto914
Hi guys. I'm a new member so first of all: Thank you to all the garage and paddock people, you all are great inspirations.

My thought was that if I had any plans of upgrading the HP of the type IV, monitoring cylinder temp, intake manifold pressure and more would be inevitable.
Another thought was that I may be able to use two map sensors and get an idea how carbs balanced left vs right.
The MicroSquirt controller and some sensors are now hooked up, and working. With a android tablet mounted, I can see or save the outputs.

Here are some screen shots.

MSDroid app
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
---------------------------
Click to view attachment
RealDash app
---------------------------
Click to view attachment
Shadow Dash app

I plan on gradually progressing from monitoring to controlling.
Click to view attachment
Hope this helps someone doing the same.
Bills914-4
Welcome to the World biggrin.gif ,
jmill
Very slick. Very good idea!

welcome.png
moto914
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 28 2017, 12:15 PM) *

Very slick. Very good idea!

welcome.png

Checking out your thread, and thanks.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(moto914 @ Feb 28 2017, 11:06 AM) *

Another thought was that I may be able to use two map sensors and get an idea how carbs balanced left vs right.

I doubt if that will work well.
The map signal is so crappy with dual carbs/ITBs I bet you will be casing your tail to infinity and beyond.
Might work a bit with a stock cam, but definitely not with any performance cam.

My vac is so crap on my engine, a 2600cc, performance cam, with 46mm ITB's, that I gave up tring to tune it on MAP and now run TPS only.
Pretty well solved every issue I was having, car runs almost like stock now, perfect AFR.
moto914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 28 2017, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(moto914 @ Feb 28 2017, 11:06 AM) *

I doubt if that will work well.
The map signal is so crappy with dual carbs/ITBs I bet you will be casing your tail to infinity and beyond.
Might work a bit with a stock cam, but definitely not with any performance cam.

My vac is so crap on my engine, a 2600cc, performance cam, with 46mm ITB's, that I gave up tring to tune it on MAP and now run TPS only.
Pretty well solved every issue I was having, car runs almost like stock now, perfect AFR.

Yes. I noticed the map signal jumping around. I'm just using the average while making and comparing adjustments at idle.
Thanks for the info!
The TPS tip may be the way to go in my future.
Mark Henry
I'm guessing you're thinking of going turbo in the future, because of your screenshot?

You likely would have a better MAP signal because you would be running a single TB.
moto914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 28 2017, 01:37 PM) *

I'm guessing you're thinking of going turbo in the future, because of your screenshot?

You likely would have a better MAP signal because you would be running a single TB.

Thinking of turbo; but first a rebuild on a spare engine with naturally aspirated carbs, then fuel injection.
I'm going for the basics first.
Chris914n6
I think you would be better off in the short term using the old fashioned carb balancing tool.

IPB Image

Also happy to see another MS user. beer.gif I'm looking heavy into MS3/x for my VQ35 swap.
moto914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 28 2017, 04:53 PM) *

I think you would be better off in the short term using the old fashioned carb balancing tool.

IPB Image

Also happy to see another MS user. beer.gif I'm looking heavy into MS3/x for my VQ35 swap.

Good suggestion.. Always good to have the real world to base on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.