Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT The Crack Epidemic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
I stopped off at my mechanic's place today to pick up a 356 and he showed me something I've never seen before. Apparently the accelerator got stuck and the driver of the 996 kept putting it in gear, shredded the clutch and ultimately cracked the bell-housing off. Wow, is all I can say, a crack problem indeed!
bretth
Ouch looks like the entire mating surface came off.
URY914
JB Weld. w00t.gif
IronHillRestorations
"and then there was a strange KER CHUNK sound"
dcheek
Only a water cooled Porsche owner would do that! LOL

Dave
mbseto
Did the guy just panic and not think straight, or just figure he'd muscle it home??
Unobtanium-inc
Apparently he didn't know what to do, the mechanic asked why he didn't just turn the car off at the key....
boxsterfan
aktion035.gif
jkb944t
There has to be more to this story! I just can’t see it happening like it was described.

Jeff B
Rockaria
"Officer, I just don't know what happened. I was minding my own business driving down the freeway when my transmission just passed me heading south... It looked like it had someplace to be!"
jd74914
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Mar 2 2017, 12:17 PM) *

There has to be more to this story! I just can’t see it happening like it was described.

Jeff B

agree.gif I'm having a really hard time there. Perhaps slipping a clutch enough to explode it, but that doesn't seem like I'd cause the whole bell housing the split.
Mark Henry
What do you expect the car was designed by a guy named Pinky. biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 2 2017, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(jkb944t @ Mar 2 2017, 12:17 PM) *

Jeff B

agree.gif I'm having a really hard time there. Perhaps slipping a clutch enough to explode it, but that doesn't seem like I'd cause the whole bell housing the split.

Unfortunately, at this point it doesn't matter how he stepped in the shiznit, he's in it, knee deep. I had a roommate once who was driving drunk, hit a curb, blew out his tire, put the spare on backwards which locked the wheel, and he burned out his clutch. How he got there didn't matter the next morning, he was just screwed.
jd74914
I'm with you there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.