Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tractor Pipe ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
In the 70s, dad took the cat off of most of our family cars so we could continue to run leaded gas while it was still being sold. Anything to save a few pennies/gallon.

He replaced the CAT with one of these and called it a TRACTOR PIPE. Well my 75 with 75 exhaust needs one. 11-1/2" long x 2" OD and the bolt holes are spaced at 2-3/4" c-c

Click to view attachment

$35 is not really unreasonable, but I figured I would ask the group if anyone had one they wanted to get rid of. I know we have lots of guys back-dating everything, so are there any 75 or 76 exhausts (tractor pipes) sitting in storage?

Free is great, cheap is ok too.

malcolm2
icon_bump.gif

Anyone???
boxstr
I have one listed for sale.
Craig at CAMP
jtprettyman
Clark -
The flanges can likely be found at a FLAPS along with a section of tube - I'd be happy to weld one up for you.
dcecc1968
Here is one

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=305740

Edit: just noticed this is Craig's ad from above
Rand
I always called them "cat deletes." Any muffler shop could put one together for you quick like if you can't do it yourself. It's just exhaust tubing with flanges. Craig, post a link to yours - I couldn't find it on your web site.

[edit] Never mind. Just saw dcecc1968's post. Wow, that's an ugly crusty old f'er and more expensive? LOL. Maybe just go to your local muffler shop or pick up that part from Pelican. [/edit]
malcolm2
QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Mar 3 2017, 01:11 PM) *

Clark -
The flanges can likely be found at a FLAPS along with a section of tube - I'd be happy to weld one up for you.

Thanks. I'll check a few muffler shops and see if they have parts or the whole thing.
malcolm2
https://914werke.com/shop?olsPage=products%...pass&page=4

Old post, but I ran across this pipe today for $20 and remembered this post. I wanted one so I could feel better about screwing up the bung hole weld job I needed.

Everything turned out just fine with my bung weld and the A/F meter is nice feature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.