Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ABS Rocker Panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I was considering putting ABS rocker panels on my '72. I like the way they flare out to the wheels but not too keen on the PORSCHE lettering on them.
Any thoughts?
Tx
Doug
madd_dogg_914
I use them. I have gotten a ton of compliments on them. I am not totally sold on them though. One problem with them is because the cars flex a bit the rear mounts (small through holes) can tear and will need repairing (at least mine did) attached is a picture of my car, and I actually like the PORSCHE lettering. I guess it is just one of those personal preferences things. Anyways, here's the pic:
madd_dogg_914
nuther
EdwardBlume
I had them and got rid of them. I returned to the stock look. The pro's: they are light, and I like the raised PORSCHE letting - it reminds people what kind of car you drive. The con's: fit isn't perfect, they crack, age, and the ends are slightly flaired (but don't work with flairs). After I saw a nice RS, I changed over to stock rockers with PORSCHE sticker. It's all personal preference but the light weight is nice IMO.
914Timo
I have never have them, but I like them. Especially I like the flared ends. I dont like the P-letters. I know what kind of car I drive and the others dont have to know that if they dont know 914s.... cool.gif

BTW Chris, you have very nice looking 914 aktion035.gif

Those wheels looks good and I vote for the ABS rockers wavey.gif
madd_dogg_914
Thank you for the compliment, I will pass it on to my teener, she loves attention, hehe. I like the stock appearance rockers just about as much as I like the ABS style. I would say get a pair, try them out for a week. THe worst thing is they dont fit and you sell them on eBay for double what you paid laugh.gif

-Chris
ninefourteener
Hey... if you're interested in selling those rockers.... let me know smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.