Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly Ricers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
the other day at work some kids calls in asking if we had a carbonfiber license plate frame...in one quick response i said "<_< No"....not like it's gonna make his license plate faster:lol:....most of these darn items are not even made of carbonfiber...they're only coated in a checkered pattern that mimicks the look of CBF..sigh what will these ricers want next to be made out of CBF?
Leo Imperial
I f you had caller id you would have realized that was 914rs calling around for prices. cool_shades.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 3 2005, 08:48 PM)
I f you had caller id you would have realized that was 914rs calling around for prices. cool_shades.gif

HAHA....at least both his front and rear deck lids play a vital weight reduction role...
Series9
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 3 2005, 09:48 PM)

bootyshake.gif
dlo914
914RS your yellow demon is GOD pray.gif - this coming from a fellow yellow 914 owner biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 3 2005, 09:57 PM)
914RS your yellow demon is GOD  :worship: - this coming from a fellow yellow 914 owner biggrin.gif

...and your avatar makes me want to go be alone....
Leo Imperial
Come on Joe, are you not talking to me now? sad.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Leo Imperial @ May 3 2005, 09:00 PM)
Come on Joe, are you not talking to me now? sad.gif

hahah....i think you're enjoying being alone in that bucket (avatar) laugh.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (914RS @ May 3 2005, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 3 2005, 09:57 PM)
914RS your yellow demon is GOD  :worship: - this coming from a fellow yellow 914 owner biggrin.gif

...and your avatar makes me want to go be alone....

alone in the room w/ those in person unsure.gif wink.gif
Maltese Falcon
Joe , don't forget you've got the real thing "CF". I almost grounded Matt for a week when he asked me why you did'nt paint them yellow !
Most of these ricers just have what is known as Carbon Fiber-Look, just a greyish pigment put into cheap "Chopper gun " f'glass.
Why don't they just inflate their hondas with nitrogen and all float away rolleyes.gif
MF
dlo914
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ May 3 2005, 09:07 PM)
Joe , don't forget you've got the real thing "CF". I almost grounded Matt for a week when he asked me why you did'nt paint them yellow !
Most of these ricers just have what is known as Carbon Fiber-Look, just a greyish pigment put into cheap "Chopper gun " f'glass.
Why don't they just inflate their hondas with nitrogen and all float away rolleyes.gif
MF

laugh.gif HAHA the way they lighten their rice-rockets by tearing out the entire interior and removing their rear structural bumpers...i think they would be able to float away..prolly would make awesome aerial shooting targets laugh.gif
GWN7
asdf
dlo914
EXACTLY.... agree.gif
xsboost90
tell em to call the porsche dealership, they sell em there. cool.gif
Demick
I just bought some C.F sheet to replace the basketweave on the dash face. ohmy.gif Does that mean I have to give up my membership in the 'no carbon fiber without a valid reason' club? I am one of the founding members you know. Carbon fiber is sort of like a modern basketweave (aesthetically) - which is how I rationalized to myself that it would be OK.
Joe Bob
Hey...I gots CF dash faces on the 911....given to me for free by the local company that makes them...either that or have to redo them...sunlight beats on a cab....
Howard
OK, seriously. Anyone bothered to figure actual weight on hoods, for example:

Steel
F/G
C/F

Have F/G on Suzi and it feels lighter than the stock targa top so 10#???
Series9
QUOTE (Howard @ May 4 2005, 09:27 AM)
OK, seriously. Anyone bothered to figure actual weight on hoods, for example:

Steel
F/G
C/F

Steel: 38#
CF: 16#
Howard
Just checked, Mfg claims ~12# for F/G.

C/F has to be stronger, but is hood structural on a 914? Advantage (other than appearance) for C/F?
dlo914
QUOTE (Demick @ May 4 2005, 07:24 AM)
I just bought some C.F sheet to replace the basketweave on the dash face. ohmy.gif Does that mean I have to give up my membership in the 'no carbon fiber without a valid reason' club? I am one of the founding members you know. Carbon fiber is sort of like a modern basketweave (aesthetically) - which is how I rationalized to myself that it would be OK.

large CBF items are fine such as bumpers, decklids, dashes, targa top unsure.gif , and body panels....but crap like shift knobs, rearview mirrors, pedals, and other crap are just for astetics(sp)...i mean it can all be done tastefully, BUT ricers have NO TASTE!!!
dlo914
speaking of ricer check out these fried-rice rockets overseas from our buddies in japan I think im gonne be SICK!!!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 4 2005, 12:30 PM)
speaking of ricer check out these fried-rice rockets overseas from our buddies in japan I think im gonne be SICK!!!!

What do you mean "get sick"????

Maybe LB is going to go there to get his next car.....

dlo914
what you talkin' about lewis? (insert gary coleman emoticon) who's LB?
Jenny
LB... Lawrence of AraBia. With the auberginemobile.

Jen
J P Stein
QUOTE (914RS @ May 4 2005, 08:37 AM)
OK, seriously.  Anyone bothered to figure actual weight on hoods, for example:

Steel
F/G
C/F

Sheridan FG:12# biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ May 4 2005, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 4 2005, 12:30 PM)

What do you mean "get sick"????

Maybe LB is going to go there to get his next car.....

I'd puke if my tongue wasn't so swollen..

m
Mueller
QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 4 2005, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ May 4 2005, 08:37 AM)
OK, seriously.  Anyone bothered to figure actual weight on hoods, for example:

Steel
F/G
C/F

Sheridan FG:12# biggrin.gif

you can get the Getty CF lids as light or lighter if you order the "race" version....the 16# unit is "street" rated and so far mine has not bowed from all the boxes I have placed on them laugh.gif
J P Stein
The Sheridan piece is a race bit. He uses hi density foam and wraps it with FG....like a surf board...amd lays up about 1/8 in thick of CF around the perimiter for extra strength......invisible rice stuff unless you look at the under side. biggrin.gif

Drilling holes in my fresh painted pieces for hood pins caused sweat to roll down the crack of my ass yesterday. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.