Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: to paint or not to paint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
not sure if i want to repolish my trim pieces and reclear w/ some type of protectant, or spray them gloss or trim black to match the car. What about the chrome door handles? Since i got the fuchs now im confused about which way to go. unsure.gif
Gint
I've got enough parts I think to do and try both. I may do all black trim first and then switch (or not) to chrome. Still don't know for sure. If I had three sets of everything I'd consider monochrome.
CptTripps
I had the same thought when I got my fuchs...originally I was going to do all black...no chrome.

I tink I still may do that. I'd leave it all chrome for now. It's not hard to take off, and it's probably already chrome, sh that'd be the place to start.

Looking great BTW...
tat2dphreak
don't go monochrome Gint... my DAPO of my car painted all the chrome trim on the sail panel... icon8.gif barf.gif slap.gif

you need a break in the color, black or chrome trim to really make it "pop"
thomasotten
Chrome is in...look at all the new VWs and Minis.
Gint
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 4 2005, 07:19 AM)
don't go monochrome Gint... my DAPO of my car painted all the chrome trim on the sail panel... icon8.gif barf.gif slap.gif

you need a break in the color, black or chrome trim to really make it "pop"

I agree... It would be my last choice. I was just throwing out ideas.
tat2dphreak
I can take pics and SHOW you how BAD painted sail panel chrome looks...
skline
Dont paint, Powder coat, the paint chips off too easy. I will be powdercoating mine.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (skline @ May 4 2005, 08:49 AM)
Dont paint, Powder coat, the paint chips off too easy. I will be powdercoating mine.

not body color though right? didn't you powdercoat in Black?
skline
No, not body color, semi flat black. Just to offset the color.
914GT
I powdercoated mine satin black. If you do it yourself you can use a heat gun or halogen lamp to heat the parts with.
STL914
Just my opinion, but I think chrome trim against that gloss black paint would really stand out and make the car.

You could always pick up used pieces on eBay for not too much $$ to paint black after you get tired of the chrome look.

Oh yeah, change that avitar to match your car.
kenporacer
Chrome trim always looks good, painting never comes out right, never seen it powder coated. I'D go chrome.
E
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.