Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine tin Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
Is the Engine tin all the same and interchangeable for all years and all motors...
4cyl only 1.7 1.8 2.0
jdogg
Joe-
Why are you asking this, are you going to be the first to convert from a 6 back to a 4???? hahaha

I'll be interested to hear other responses to this, but it is my understanding that the tin over the cylinders and heads is different, but the other pieces are the same.
Bleyseng
70-74 tin top and bottom is the same except for:
2.0L top tin is different due to the spark plug holes location
73-74 bottom tin is different due to the sideshifter rod

75-76 bottom tin is altogether different due to the HE changes
skline
Most of the sheetmetal was the same or very similar. There were minor differences in the rear piece where fittings and stuff passed through. The only differences in the top pieces was where the plugs went through. As said before, the 2 liter was on the side and the 1.7 and 1.8 had it on top.
jdogg
Oops, see also this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=30597
joea9146
QUOTE (jdogg @ May 4 2005, 10:25 AM)
Joe-
Why are you asking this, are you going to be the first to convert from a 6 back to a 4???? hahaha

No going back... Just have some engine tin in the garage that needs to be cleaned out and not really sure what I have.

Jason u going to be in VT in September ?
jdogg
Joe-
Yep, we'll be there for sure! Already have our suite reserved. We had such a great time last year meeting everyone, there was no way we were going to miss the ECR '05!!!

Oh, and by the way, let me know about the tin you have kicking around, I have been needing to repair the areas on mine that were cut out for the AC. Email a pic and price!

Have you had your car out on track this year?
joea9146
QUOTE (jdogg @ May 4 2005, 11:55 AM)
Joe-
Yep, we'll be there for sure! Already have our suite reserved. We had such a great time last year meeting everyone, there was no way we were going to miss the ECR '05!!!

Oh, and by the way, let me know about the tin you have kicking around, I have been needing to repair the areas on mine that were cut out for the AC. Email a pic and price!

Have you had your car out on track this year?

Hi Jason... As of now we are going so hope to see you there.

No track time yet have to finish a couple more things on the car the time just goes
by to quickly. I have done a lot of work on the car. I should post a progress thread smile.gif

I hope to make a day trip up to NewHampshire on 5/29 to try out the car if not i will definetly be at Watkins Glen for 2 days at the and of June.... I will check the sheetmetal I have and get back to u
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.