Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash cover or restore
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
76 2.0, nice daily driver but not a show car. The next item on my fix up list is the dash, some typical cracks in the existing original. I see there are a few different "cover type" brands like Accu-Form, Coverlay, and Trimjobber. I also see Just-Dashes doing restoration of your existing dash, I'm awaiting a price quote from them. I don't really want to spend 5 or 6 hundred dollars for a replacement dash. Anyone have an opinion on the best fitting and looking "cover" brand out there currently?
mepstein
Just dashes charges 2x what a new dash from 914rubber will cost. The thick plastic dash pads usually look very good. I don't know what brand the thick ones are but they just "snap" on and don't need glue. The thin plastic ones are not worth doing. The 914rubber dash pad is very close to perfect.
yellowporky
I checked 2 restoration places and laughed when i got the quotes. I bought one from Mark at 914rubber.com and am very happy with it. The caps look terrible.
Larmo63
My plastic eBay cap "Coverlay" is fine. Very hard to tell to is even there. I have bought three of them.

I've seen Stoddard's dash cap, very nice.

I haven't won one of Mark's in a raffle yet. bye1.gif
GregAmy
Replaced my dash with 914Rubber. It's a bit of a PITA, but worth it.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 6 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Just dashes charges 2x what a new dash from 914rubber will cost. The thick plastic dash pads usually look very good. I don't know what brand the thick ones are but they just "snap" on and don't need glue. The thin plastic ones are not worth doing. The 914rubber dash pad is very close to perfect.

Mep, in your last sentence, are you referring to a 914rubber pad dash cover, or a replacement dash?
Coondog
I have a dash cap and it looks great, someday I will get the courage to do a complete RR which includes windshield and molding.
Would love to see a dash made with a cig. tray delete.
mepstein
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Mar 6 2017, 11:32 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 6 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Mep, in your last sentence, are you referring to a 914rubber pad dash cover, or a replacement dash?

Replacement dash/914 rubber dash pad. Really it's a "dash pad" just like all the other upholstery "pads" in the car. It's the next best thing to pulling an oem one from Porsche out of a box.

The actual dash is the metal frame.
sb914
Click to view attachment here you go! evilgrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.