Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Nice Guy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zeke
Met Brad for the first time at Dunkle's. He's a damn nice guy in person far from his personna as the *resident asshole* Came thru with some nice deals for me too.

Thanks, Brad. clap56.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, that's why the "asshole" or whatever some people like to call him is soo funny! He's a riot to be around.
Geoff beerchug.gif
campbellcj
Hey Milt, somehow we missed each other at the meet. I was wandering around most of the day, taking pics and catching up on BS with the various Porsche guys I only see once or twice a year.

I was very pleased with myself for not spending any money today (except pizza & beer) clap56.gif
fuch toy
The pink hair was good too.... laugh.gif
bernbomb914
Had a great time there today bought to much stuff and loved the pink and green hair. Mikes bushings looked great. Drove the 914 from Temecula got there ok but when I pulled off I 15 no clutch so I fought it all the way home where I adjusted the cable. ar15.gif

Bernie
mightyohm
I said hi to Brad also. Bought a 2 liter MPS for a friend in need.

I found some fog light grilles and fog light switch from one of the other vendors, now I need to figure out how I am going to paint/chrome the grilles and I will soon have fogs to light up my bumper... It was a good day.
Brad Roberts
I was running my ass off trying to keep up with everybody in our sales area. The asshole part is really about business. Ask how many people tried to talk me down on my already low prices and how many ended up talking me down "NONE"

It was great to see some old friends and really a pleasure meeting the new ones.

The 914 community cannot be beat.

B
Mike D.
I had great time out there too. Didn't sell much though...I guess I probably have all the same shit everybody else has piled up in their garages.

Brad - good to see ya out there, came by to say "later!" when we packed up and you guys were already gone.

-Mike D.

PS - piles of same 'ol shit for Sale - biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Mike,

I have a great support team in Andy and Jason. They had the trailer loaded and ready to go in less than 15 minutes total. I realized later that not everybody knew about the ZITO's pizza gathering at the end of the event EVERY year. Our drive is pretty long from that part of LA, so the sooner we get on the road.. the better. We stopped by Roger Sheridans place to pick up some race glass I had repaired for this season on the way back. That always ads about 2.5 hours to the drive. I arrived at my front door around 1:30 am.

B
Dave_Darling
Yeah. I've never been over to Sheridan's. I thought about tagging along for that, but the only way I could have gotten home in one piece afterwards was if you let me load the CRX into the trailer and sleep in the back seat of the truck... rolleyes.gif

--DD
Mike D.
I felt pretty beat and I got home by 5pm. (Santa Clarita)
However, I also got home to a dog that had swallowed something, a ball I think. Ended up at an emergency Vet. with the little monster until midnight. blink.gif
still tired, I need a nap...
Mike D.
bernbomb914
I bought some great stuff from Brad that I did not plan to buy (Webers and Manifolds bolt on valve covers etc) enjoyed talking to all the northern CA gang. Hope the trip was sucessful for them.

Bernie
jonwatts
I spent 7 hours trying to stay away from the Spyders and you post this!!!

Jon - trying to stay focused on my 914
Bleyseng
What the F*ck is with the "Pink" hair Brad?
There are always people that will try to get the price down to nothing and even then they don't want it. Good parts and fair prices is all I ask, if you want it for nothing it aint for sale to you.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Geoff,

Since I really dont have a real job anymore (no CEO meetings) I decided it would be easier for people to find me at the swap meet if I had RED hair. Well... The color we used ended up being too light for my hair. It was supposed to be blood red "ANDY". Then the pink grew on me. How many people are going to "F" with a 6'1 200lb pink haired guy ?? LOL I have the new dark red hair color that will go in soon. Its fun. Being "normal" gets boring.

B
jonwatts
What was even better was watching people's reactions outside of the swap meet. Restaurants and hotel lobbies people just walked by kind of unsure.gif
bernbomb914
That pic was not a spyder but an elva I have the front shot also, Just sent it to Brad, It was Beautiful. smlove2.gif
Brad Roberts
Jon has seen the car. It was first revealed at one of our swap meets (Carlson swap meet/car show) The guy is from the SF bay area.

Great car.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.