Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 Ignition Switch in a '75?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
I think I read somewhere that starting in the 1975 914 the Rabbit steering column was used so the ignition switch is not interchangeable with the earlier years. Anyone know if this is true or not? Just wondering if the '73 switch I have is worth keeping just in case or not..... Had 3 people ask if I had one to sell this weekend.... might as well sell it if it won't fit mine.

Thanks for the help,
SirAndy
i'm not sure about '73 to '75,
but i can assure you that '70 to '73 and '70 to '75 don't fit ...

i now have a '75 (replaced the complete column) in my car.

Andy
tod914
Pain in the butt to replace a 75 switch. It does use the rabbit column. when i ordered a switch, it was specific to the 75-76 year.
TheCabinetmaker
I ran into the same problem when I flushed my only key down the crapper.Opps! I took one out of a 73 parts car. no good. I took one out of a 74. Still no good. I purchased a new one at the local vw dealership for under 60 bucks(Porsche wanted 220.00) worked perfectly, but I now have a vw key.
ouch!
Chris H.
Thanks Guys. I will take my chances and sell the '73 switch now and deal with the '75 switch later if I have to....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.