Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for 914 part numbers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer

Yesterday, I made an unofficial announcement about this. Today, it’s time for the Official Announcement.

PartPricer is back. New, improved and better than ever.

Now, some of you may ask, “What is PartPricer?”. That is a very good question. I’m glad you asked. PartPricer is an online resource that lists the part numbers for 914 components along with illustrations of those components. Additionally, it has links that go directly to those components at some of the 914 community’s online parts vendors.

Currently, PartPricer contains links to:

GPRGerman Parts & Restoration
PELPelican Parts
AAAutomobile Atlanta
STDStoddard Imported Cars
914Club914 Club Members

PartPricer also has a Search function that allows you to search on different terms. You can search by part number or by description. If you are searching by part number, put it in quotes.

Also, if you are looking for a product supplied by a 914 Club member, just search for “914Club”. You can also use searches like “CAMP 914” or “Eric Shea”. The listings for 914 Club vendors will be updated as they provide the information.

Now, there is one limitation that I ran up against when putting this together. Because of the amount of information that needs to be presented on each page, I had to force the browser to a width of 1024 pixels. This just means that if your browser window is less than that number, you will have to scroll LEFT <--> RIGHT. This way, Larry doesn’t need to put on his glasses.

I know that some of you are thinking, “What does Paul get out of this?”. Besides some potential headaches, I get nothing. The domain name and the hosting account were sitting there going to waste and I decided that I would put together something that some of you may find useful.

So, kick the tires then take it out for a spin. Let me know if you find it useful or a load of crap. Also, let me know if you uncover and problems or nuisances. I do know that some browsers report a script error when following a link to a part on the AA site. The problem is on their end and I’m going to give Greg some details when I can pull it together. However, you can get around that by Cancelling or hitting No in the error dialog.

I still have some work to do, like adding the contact page. And, maybe some better instructions on how to use it. That's coming.
lagunero
Very nice! Thanks!
Midtowner
Thank you for doing this! I have a rear suspension noise and may have figure it out from your diagrams! biggrin.gif
anthony
Awesome job! You should run some Google ads there and make yourself a few bucks a month.

Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ May 4 2005, 07:55 AM)
Yesterday, I made an unofficial announcement about this. Today, it’s time for the Official Announcement.

PartPricer is back. New, improved and better than ever.

Now, some of you may ask, “What is PartPricer?”. That is a very good question. I’m glad you asked. PartPricer is an online resource that lists the part numbers for 914 components along with illustrations of those components. Additionally, it has links that go directly to those components at some of the 914 community’s online parts vendors.

Currently, PartPricer contains links to:

<center><table width=40% border=1 bgcolor="ffffcc"><tr><td>GPR</td><td>German Parts & Restoration</td></tr><tr><td>PEL</td><td>Pelican Parts</td></tr><tr><td>AA</td><td>Automobile Atlanta</td></tr><tr><td>STD</td><td>Stoddard Imported Cars</td></tr><tr><td>914Club</td><td>914 Club Members</td></tr></table></center>

PartPricer also has a Search function that allows you to search on different terms. You can search by part number or by description. If you are searching by part number, put it in quotes.

Also, if you are looking for a product supplied by a 914 Club member, just search for “914Club”. You can also use searches like “CAMP 914” or “Eric Shea”. The listings for 914 Club vendors will be updated as they provide the information.

Now, there is one limitation that I ran up against when putting this together. Because of the amount of information that needs to be presented on each page, I had to force the browser to a width of 1024 pixels. This just means that if your browser window is less than that number, you will have to scroll LEFT <--> RIGHT. This way, Larry doesn’t need to put on his glasses.

I know that some of you are thinking, “What does Paul get out of this?”. Besides some potential headaches, I get nothing. The domain name and the hosting account were sitting there going to waste and I decided that I would put together something that some of you may find useful.

So, kick the tires then take it out for a spin. Let me know if you find it useful or a load of crap. Also, let me know if you uncover and problems or nuisances. I do know that some browsers report a script error when following a link to a part on the AA site. The problem is on their end and I’m going to give Greg some details when I can pull it together. However, you can get around that by Cancelling or hitting No in the error dialog.

I still have some work to do, like adding the contact page. And, maybe some better instructions on how to use it. That's coming.

Paul,
You are sooooo "the man".

I hope AA and Pelican know what you've done and will compensate you for this....

Killer job.

I'm sure you've go tthe right META tags for those newcomers searching google... biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ May 4 2005, 01:55 PM)
I'm sure you've go tthe right META tags for those newcomers searching google... biggrin.gif

Actually, I haven't put in any META TAGS yet. I'm going to throw that in when I generate the next build. It makes sense since the domain is heavily visited by search engine bots.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.