Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Shaft Seal...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
As I was getting ready for work this morning, I looked at the remains of the gasket kit on my counter. Noticeably absent is the shift shaft seal (small black round seal).

I might have become an idiot in the last 24 hours... I'm not SURE it's lost, but I may have misplaced it.

Is this seal common to any VW application or anything? Bottom line, can I go to a local transmission shop and expect them to have one if I ask for a seal for a VW gearbox?

-Rusty smoke.gif
tracks914
I just bought a complete Gasket Kit from MAM and it included the seal. confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It's common to a ton of VWs, Audis, and Porsches. HOWEVER! VERY few regular tranny shops work on or carry parts for VWs, Audis, and Porsches. 001 301 227 is the VW part number. I can fax you a list of the cars it fits if you'd like. Just gimme a number.
Rusty
No fax machine... sorry. sad.gif

Can you give me a couple of common applications, so i can talk to the parts monkeys?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.