Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Generator light diode install, wrong lead?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
76 2.0 FI stock except for Crane ignition. Car runs perfectly, all parts functioning, no vac leaks, idles at 6 to 700 fine. I was trying a possible fix for my engine "run on" after shutdown by adding a diode to the lead from the generator to the generator dash light. At the generator light in the dash, there is a blue wire to one side and on the other side is a short red/white stripe wire that goes immediately to the oil light. I installed the diode on the short red/white stripe wire between the generator light and the oil light. Did I stupidly put the diode on the wrong side of the generator light? Btw, I am taking the car in this AM for it's biannual smog check and I will have my mechanic check the timing before the smog check to rule that out as a possible cause of the "run on".
Olympic 914
I was just wiring my dash yesterday and the diode in my wiring was in the Brown/White wire. Don't know about your year though, this is for a 73.

Dave_Darling
That is a diode in the brake warning light circuit, not the charging system warning light circuit.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.