Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uni-body wha??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
Family,

i am in the middle of a body make over (car).

1- where would people say is the area(s) that give the car most of its transverse (i.e. R/L) rigidity??

Thanx in advance.

T

Mueller
for side to side....

front bulkhead for gas tank(shock towers), firewalls (both) and the rear bulkhead between the shock towers.......

aveale
What about the section that runs just in front of the seats?

The reason i ask is because i am doing the longs (because they are shot) and was wondering about side/side.

thanx

T
Mueller
What about the section that runs just in front of the seats?

for a street car, yes, keep that section, if anything, it would help with a side impact.....on cars that get a full cage, that section is often removed....
freezing14
Hey Tony, long time no see,, i finally got mine on the road as of yesterday,, found out i have to adjust the shifter, the 4th and 5th wont go in at all, but otherwise it run ok ,, still have to tune the engine, got small issues, like the stumbling on acceleration, ( might be distributor), where are you at now,, have you doen your long already?? did you find any other suprise!!!!!
aveale
I wonder if anyone has done anything "different" under the car?

What about boxing in the longs from below, and that would also provide some nice jack points - makes sense in my mind.

I am sure someone has done this before???

thanx.

T

ps freezing I emailed you and see you in Cobourg for the Canadian thing in August?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.