Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flex Dam Rubber Who needs it ?- Reveved thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've had those in the past that have asked, but haven't had enough interest.

This is the rubber that attaches to the flexdam. Just got another call today so said I'd check to see if we can get this going. I need 12 committed at $65 each for the GB to make this happen.

After the rubber only will be $89.

Picture of the green car is fiberglass only

Eliot's car has the rubber attached.
Robnxious
Mark, this is a FANTASTIC idea!! I would love to get one of these! (Did that sound surprised enough that you posted this?? biggrin.gif )
Mikey914
I get requests every so often. I have to do up about 30 of these to cover the materials needed. Don't mind holding them on the shelf, but need to have enough interest to do these to start.

Who's in?
Craigers17
Mark,
I'd be in for the rubber and air dam combo. Thanks! You are the man! aktion035.gif
Craigers17
...anyone......anyone....Bueller?
Mikey914
Unfortunately the effect is the same on the shelf. last run I held onto for 5 years. I don't mind doing that, but have have enough interest to do these to start.
Mikey914
Farris is not in the building. Not giving up yet, but not seeing any traction here.
1stworks
I'll take one please.

Steve
@mikey914
Do you plan to do another run of these?
Mikey914
I have to do about 2k worth of rubber to do these, so far I haven't had even 1/5th of that. So not really penciling out right now.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 20 2021, 05:57 PM) *

I have to do about 2k worth of rubber to do these, so far I haven't had even 1/5th of that. So not really penciling out right now.

Thanks Mark for the response. I get it, another 80’s mitcom thing that is no longer popular.
Robarabian

Im in for the rubber and the air dam...maybe even 2
jim_hoyland
I located a NOS flex from a member here. Nice piece... smile.gif
mate914
I'm in for one.
I have had one on my car for years, it kind of looks like black rubber garage floor trim.
I have had many complements on it.
Matt
gokart73
Mark,

Any plans to bring back or remake the the flex dam without the holes/rubber that you previously sold?

I'd buy one of those today.

IPB Image
Mikey914
Yes, I need to redo the molds for it. It was nice in that you could also tow with it in place and the tow bar acted to provide a little more protection to the air dam.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 21 2021, 08:41 AM) *

Yes, I need to redo the molds for it. It was nice in that you could also tow with it in place and the tow bar acted to provide a little more protection to the air dam.

I would also take one!!
gokart73
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 21 2021, 10:41 AM) *

That's great news. I always found that to be better looking than the LE spoiler.

I look forward to it being available again!

IPB Image

PlaysWithCars
High quality piece and I've been really happy with mine. It's held up to a couple strong *ahem* cone whacks at the autocross and hasn't shown any signs of damage.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(PlaysWithCars @ Apr 21 2021, 08:59 PM) *

High quality piece and I've been really happy with mine.

agree.gif Super Satisfied. thumb3d.gif
mgphoto
Any chance of doing these air dams again?
I would be in for one.
Craigers17
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 23 2022, 02:55 PM) *

I would be in for one.

I'm still in.
914e
I would take one too.
Mikey914
My question right now is how many want the rubber? I can easily do another run, but don't want to tie up a bunch of cash for years. If I could get 15 of these spoken for I'd be willing to do another run. I'll confirm cost Monday. I have to about 60 to make it worth doing, so yes I will have them for quite awhile.

Craigers17
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 24 2022, 10:16 PM) *

My question right now is how many want the rubber? I can easily do another run, but don't want to tie up a bunch of cash for years. If I could get 15 of these spoken for I'd be willing to do another run. I'll confirm cost Monday. I have to about 60 to make it worth doing, so yes I will have them for quite awhile.

Yes please.
Van B
@Mikey914 , you get access to an LE spoiler yet? I think and accurate reproduction of that part is what us posers are all clamoring for!
Robarabian
I would take 1, maybe two.
mgphoto
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 23 2022, 01:55 PM) *

I would be in for one.

Add the rubber to my request.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Van B @ Sep 25 2022, 07:10 AM) *

@Mikey914 , you get access to an LE spoiler yet? I think and accurate reproduction of that part is what us posers are all clamoring for!

I have unfortunately it needs to be "reconstructed" to make a mold that will work.
Van B
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 25 2022, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Sep 25 2022, 07:10 AM) *

I have unfortunately it needs to be "reconstructed" to make a mold that will work.

Oof…. Well I definitely appreciate your willingness. Just wish someone with a clean part would offer it up for the winter! Hell, I’d pay their shipping!
Mikey914
We can rework the part but its time consuming. So yes we will do this, but its not happening fast.
kerensky
I skimmed the thread and didn't see any revised pricing since 2017. Surely your costs have gone up?
Mikey914
We haven't run since 2017, but typically only raise prices when cost changes significantly.

I'd anticipate we might see a 10% increase. But other prices like our main targa seal have actually came down! We tend to not try to gouge the market, but produce a part that we can make a profit on and sell at a fair price.
kerensky
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 29 2022, 11:32 AM) *

We haven't run since 2017, but typically only raise prices when cost changes significantly.

I'd anticipate we might see a 10% increase. But other prices like our main targa seal have actually came down! We tend to not try to gouge the market, but produce a part that we can make a profit on and sell at a fair price.

I remember when this site was just starting and IIRC you were just getting 914rubber going, and while I've been away more than here I've never once heard anything that'd make me feel uncomfortable doing business with you. smile.gif Thanks for the clarification. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.