Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Instrument Cluster for my 71
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vin man
My 71 is powered by a Subaru EJ25 (non-turbo) motor along with the side shift trans. I've been having some problems with the stock gauges in the car and decided to go with an aftermarket setup to not only have working tach and speedo, but to also get water temp and oil pressure readings.

Not yet installed, but the cluster has been assembled. All gauges ordered from Summit Racing:

IPB Image
tygaboy
That looks great - I like the asymmetry. And since Nature abhors even numbers, I have to compliment you on the odd counts (5 gauges, 7 lights). smilie_pokal.gif

(But you better add one more mounting screw hole! lol-2.gif )
Mueller
Looks good.
maf914
Nice! Looks good.

What is the base plate? Aluminum? What thickness?
mlindner
Very nice vin man......Autometer is top shelf. Great looking cluster. Best, Mark
vin man
Thanks.

Got the panel from 9xAuto for $85 plus shipping.

Instrument cluster

Gauges from Summit Racing:

IPB Image

Note, I had to change the Fuel Gage from 3314 to 3315 to get the proper ohm range.
raynekat
Looks fab. Are you keeping the panel aluminum colored or going black? And all 7 lights....what will you use those for? Nice piece of kit.
Costa05
Sending PM to you fellow Valley of the Sun neighbor. Like to learn more about your setup and how you are wiring it up.
vin man
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 9 2017, 06:14 PM) *

Looks fab. Are you keeping the panel aluminum colored or going black? And all 7 lights....what will you use those for? Nice piece of kit.

2 turn signals
High beam
Brake light
Alternator light
2 extra at this point. Came with holes predrilled.

I'm going to keep bare Aluminum for now. When I redo car interior, I may paint it.
vin man
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Mar 9 2017, 07:21 PM) *

Sending PM to you fellow Valley of the Sun neighbor. Like to learn more about your setup and how you are wiring it up.

Cool. Let me know when you want to come over. I'm in Gilbert at Ray and Val Vista.
vin man
Drive car today for first time with new gauges. Love the look!

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.