Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Burnt wires,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJTom
Getting ready to put the motor back in and found 3 burn wires. The cluster comes from the back of the trunk driver side. The harness then goes into the car, we think two wires go to the trunk light, does anyone know where the other two might go? Thanks in advance!
Chris914n6
I'm guessing that's the drivers side, so trunk light. Or heater blower on some years?
Dave_Darling
Hard to tell the wire colors with the damage, the sheathing, and the overspray. Can you work out what the colors are?

The light for the rear trunk is powered by the same wires that run the license plate lights. I believe those wires are gray, though of course the grounds are brown.

--DD
NJTom
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 9 2017, 04:25 PM) *

I'm guessing that's the drivers side, so trunk light. Or heater blower on some years?

Makes sense. Thanks!
NJTom
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 9 2017, 04:53 PM) *

Hard to tell the wire colors with the damage, the sheathing, and the overspray. Can you work out what the colors are?

The light for the rear trunk is powered by the same wires that run the license plate lights. I believe those wires are gray, though of course the grounds are brown.

--DD

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.