Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Experience!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
Gang,
I'm gonna be moving from PA to AZ and need to know the best way to get my 914 there in one piece. Anyone have any experience and or recommendations on doing this, aside from driving it 2200 miles?

Thanks,
MadeRight
azbill
Welcome to the valley of the sun -

U-Haul trailer or dolly. Or have the loaded on the moving truck with the rest of the household stuff.

We will be looking for you and your car. Drop an e-mail when you get here.

Azbill

slapshot914
So build an enclosed box on a trailer and tow it. Worked to get Gint's teener from Salt Lkae City to Denver.

Funny thing though, I'd drive it. Much more fun.
MadeRight
QUOTE (azbill @ May 4 2005, 12:17 PM)
U-Haul trailer or dolly. Or have the loaded on the moving truck with the rest of the household stuff.

If you tow it, do you have to use a two-wheel dolly? Do they have trailers to fit the whole car on? Don't know if I like putting that many miles on the back wheels.

I was thinking about using one of those low trailers people use for riding mowers and stuff. Would that likely be a problem (other than gas)?

I just don't want to mess my car up moving it. It runs, but needs significant body work and burns oil like nobody's business, so I can't really drive it out there.

If I cannot find a cheap way to do it, I might have to sell it.

Thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.