Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMO Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb944t
I am contemplating replacing my current Zenith carbs with new PMO carbs. I have heard good reviews about PMO carbs.

My concern is that there is no way to contact them other than a fax number. Who uses a fax anymore? Has anyone dealt with them?

Jeff B
GeorgeRud
Yep, send him a fax! It allows him to get work done and not spend all day on the phone. Rich is a great guy and will contact you about your needs. His carbs are beautifully done.

Another option is to contact Paul Abbot @ Performance Oriented. He's been working on some modifications on the Zenith carbs to make them more user friendly.
'73-914kid
I sent Rich a fax using an online fax service. Was free, and easy. Got a call back same day.

Paul Abbott stopped rebuilding Zenith carbs I believe. Wasn't worth the low volume from what I heard.
11tenths
They are impressive...

Click to view attachment
pete-stevers
I covet! biggrin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Mar 10 2017, 07:00 AM) *

I am contemplating replacing my current Zenith carbs with new PMO carbs. I have heard good reviews about PMO carbs.

My concern is that there is no way to contact them other than a fax number. Who uses a fax anymore? Has anyone dealt with them?

Jeff B

Called him and he answered PMO - 310 394-0088.

Bruce
matthepcat
Fax? Lol.

Someone needs to get that guy a proper website.
colingreene
I love fax,
I kept getting a fax calling my phone, I wrote stop calling here you asshat on a page, and faxed it back to the number, it worked
Coloradocurt
A lot of years ago I put a set of 40mm Weber carbs onto a '73 2.4S engine built up to 2.7L, and the challenge was setting it up with all of the right jetting so it ran perfectly. IIRC, there's no easy DIY spreadsheet or formula to use: a lot of reading/studying and then work your way through. Frustrating but definitely rewarding when the result is perfect.
However, having said that, with so many years under their belts PMO may just have the perfect setup to recommend for what you need.
carr914
He is Old School - Fax

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Coloradocurt @ Mar 11 2017, 06:45 PM) *

A lot of years ago I put a set of 40mm Weber carbs onto a '73 2.4S engine built up to 2.7L, and the challenge was setting it up with all of the right jetting so it ran perfectly. IIRC, there's no easy DIY spreadsheet or formula to use: a lot of reading/studying and then work your way through. Frustrating but definitely rewarding when the result is perfect.
However, having said that, with so many years under their belts PMO may just have the perfect setup to recommend for what you need.

These days you have a wideband O2 meter, if you know what you're doing, a few spares and a set of jet reams perfect jetting in a day. smile.gif
Coloradocurt
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 11 2017, 10:24 PM) *

These days you have a wideband O2 meter, if you know what you're doing, a few spares and a set of jet reams perfect jetting in a day. smile.gif

No offense intended, but a bunch more things to adjust and get right than just what you look for on a WB O2 meter. If you've ever done one - with or without the WB O2 meter - you'll know what I'm talking about. As an example, achieving smooth acceleration from either an idle or from cruise involves a lot more that the just the jets.
jkb944t
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 10 2017, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(jkb944t @ Mar 10 2017, 07:00 AM) *

Jeff B

Called him and he answered PMO - 310 394-0088.

Bruce

I got a phone call Friday and talked to Rich who was very helpful answering my questions. I'll probably order them this week even though it is a lot of money.

The alternative is to buy used set of Webers of unknown quality and rebuild them and most likely I'll have to rejet them. At that point I am not that much cheaper than a brand new set of PMO's that should bolt up and work right out of the box.

Jeff B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.